• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the CC Posters II

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
As it's likely to be difficult to find 64 people who want to be included and just in case someone decides to nominate me for a bet I'll just say I don't wish to be included.

I'll nominate Fiery and Voltman though if they've yet to be nominated and/or seconded and are not disqualified for any reason.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a fine idea for a battle, but I don't think it'll work and be that different to BOTM and some great cricket posters like TT Boy, Chaminda will be overlooked and the 'great bloke' (common reason in the last battle for voting iirc) types will do well which isn't the point of the battle.
Not sure if TT Boy and Chaminda should be flattered that one of CW's most influential people has just called them great cricket posters...

...or offended that he's just implied they're **** blokes. :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not sure if TT Boy and Chaminda should be flattered that one of CW's most influential people has just called them great cricket posters...

...or offended that he's just implied they're **** blokes. :ph34r:
Saggers making a subtle jibe at Jono's cricketing acumen, clearly. :ph34r:

Nah, he raises a fair point, actually. It's pretty hard to disassociate posts from the poster. I can see how, when one's new to CW that (to use the obvious example) Dicko's ideas might seem a refreshing break from the received cricketing orthodoxy. However, after seeing them ad nauseam for a couple of years with the attendant circumlocutions, malaprops & lashing of adverbs they become tiresome to the point where one suffers ennui at the very sight of his name.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I've seen some people have ruled themselves out. In light of those withdrawals I'd nominate (apologies for duplicate nominations and for nice people that I've forgotten): BoyBrumby, fredfertang, Uppercut, GIMH, Matt79, Burgey, Richard, marcussjd9, silentstriker, SJS, tooextracool, scaly piscine, four_or_six, Woodster, Ikki, aussie, Pizzorno, penguinissimo, Archie Mac

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
However, after seeing them ad nauseam for a couple of years with the attendant circumlocutions, malaprops & lashing of adverbs they become tiresome to the point where one suffers ennui at the very sight of his name.
Haha, what a sentence. And you criticise Colin Meloy for hyper-literacy.

pup11

International Coach
Well the people I would like to nominate are, Uppercut, SJS, Richard, Matt79, social, Top_Cat, GIMH, BoyBrumby and Burgey.

I'm sure that I haven't named every deserving poster, but these are the names that I can currently think of.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Can I second everyone who hasn't been seconded?

How many is that now?

Will you be running each battle in a new thread with a poll or something or just one big thread that we will have to check regularly?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If it goes ahead I'll run it in here. Will round up the noms later or tomorrow and see where we are at.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Can I be excluded from this please? Though I think the idea for the thread is great and I would be following it with interest, I just don't think I am worthy enough to go up against some of the members. Cheers to all who participate! :)