• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2009/10

Flem274*

123/5
If McIntosh fails in Sri Lanka I would be very interested to see where NZC go next. But to be perfectly honest Guptill and Ingram together wouldn't be to good on the old heart rate.
Anyone we play isn't good on the old heart rate tbh. :p

I reckon they'd either go Ingram, Watling (God frobid, Raval or Worker), or start the merry go round again. So Sinclair and Papps it would be.

Bronx

Cricket Spectator
Anyone we play isn't good on the old heart rate tbh. :p

I reckon they'd either go Ingram, Watling (God frobid, Raval or Worker), or start the merry go round again. So Sinclair and Papps it would be.
Cumming?

Or is he now seen as a middle order batsmen. I'd say it's still a year to early for Watling, he did miss a lot of cricket last season.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Cumming?

Or is he now seen as a middle order batsmen.
I think he still opens in FC cricket, while he bats in the middle order for limited over games.

I would not be surprised if in the event of McIntosh's flicking, Danny Flynn gets the boost to opening (if they did so, I imagine the only reason would be the LHB/RHB combo) and they boom someone like Neil Broom in at 3.
Code:
MJ Guptill
DR Flynn
NT Broom
LRPL Taylor
JD Ryder
Suppose they might try this during the next Bangaladesh series :happy:

Flem274*

123/5
I reckon if we use Broom, it should be in possies 4-6 tbh. isn't that where he likes to bat?

Also saw his List A record on cricinfo today. Average of 32 with no centuries. The FC record was very respectable, 38 ain't bad and is good for a fringe player who is improving quickly on the FC scene, but the List A one gave me a fright, suprised he played ODIs before tests tbh.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
I thought he bats @ 3/4 for Otago and NZ A in FC games?

38 is a bit more than 'ain't bad' :laugh:, it's probably the highest outside of your Sinclair's and Fulton's on the NZ FC scene.
the List A one gave me a fright, suprised he played ODIs before tests tbh.
It is pretty surprising he doesn't have a List A ton, or more 50's :blink:

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I thought he bats @ 3/4 for Otago and NZ A in FC games?

38 is a bit more than 'ain't bad' :laugh:, it's probably the highest outside of your Sinclair's and Fulton's on the NZ FC scene.

It is pretty surprising he doesn't have a List A ton, or more 50's :blink:
Its defo one of the highest. Think Patton, Hay, Myburgh, Williamson, Raval (who has played bugger all games tbf) and Kitchen have higher.

I think he normally bats four for Otago and I think the same for NZ A seeing as Fulton generally gets number three. Redmond used to be the number three for Otago, and Cumming, Rutherford and Haig have been all over the place so its hard to keep track. Voltman or someone who knows way more about Otago than me could probably confirm.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Think Patton, Hay, Myburgh, Williamson, Raval (who has played bugger all games tbf) and Kitchen have higher.
:-O didn't realise there were so many 40+ fellas.
Mind you, only Hay and Myburgh have played more than 10 games :detective
And Myburgh doesn't qualify for awhile yet?

So still, Broom > * :ph34r:

Polo23

International Debutant
Think Myburgh has a year to go. Good player...don't think he'd do too badly at the international level.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
First they resurrect Harris from the grave, and now this :laugh:
McMillan to play Twenty20s for Canterbury | Cricket News | Global | Cricinfo.com
(yes, I know he's nowhere as ancient :happy:)

I'd prefer the domestic competition to be nurturing new talent, but I suppose this is only for the hit and giggles, so it's no biggie.
Probably for a shot at the Champions League?
Mind you, Craig is probably out-of-pocket after the ICL flopped, so this might be a quick money grab on his part :)

Polo23

International Debutant
First they resurrect Harris from the grave, and now this :laugh:
McMillan to play Twenty20s for Canterbury | Cricket News | Global | Cricinfo.com
(yes, I know he's nowhere as ancient :happy:)

I'd prefer the domestic competition to be nurturing new talent, but I suppose this is only for the hit and giggles, so it's no biggie.
Probably for a shot at the Champions League?
Mind you, Craig is probably out-of-pocket after the ICL flopped, so this might be a quick money grab on his part :)
Not surprising since he hinted that he'd return to T20 on Deaker on Sport a month or two back.

Having him in the Canterbury team is really good. He'll be able to help out the youngsters a lot..guys like Todd Astle, Corey Anderson etc.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm not sure Todd Astle can be helped. Anderson, Myburgh and even Fulton would benefit from him though. Fulton could remember how to turn the strike over again.

Polo23

International Debutant
He's still only 22. He must have something about him if the selectors keep picking him. I'm not saying he deserved his contract, but pretty harsh to write someone off when they are so young.

Polo23

International Debutant
It's going to be really interesting to see how Bond goes, especially on the pitches in India which will likely be flat and slow. Don't reckon he'll be bowling anywhere near his top pace. Man, I cannot wait to see my favourite player back playing for NZ though!!!