• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your strongest shots?

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
For me it would be the cut. I love this shot but just wish I would stop using it to Off spinners. If it bounces a little more than I expect from the offies I usually end up being caught behind.

Also strong on the straight drive.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol, i love charging, my fav is charging m4edium pacers and smashing them over the mid on boundary :)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I hate doing that, If I charge I like to hit to the off side because whenever I hit to the on in the air I feel like I am 'slogging'.

The off side feels good because you still need a really good body position.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
The pull shot especially if the ball is pitched just outside off stump. I generally play it in the air between mid wicket and square leg. I have only got out to it twice-one lbw (which I dispute as it hit me high) and one caught off a top edge.

krkode

State Captain
Cut, Cut, Cut, Cut :D

It's all because of the ground I used to play in. We used to play at school, and a pull shot would more often than not go out of school premises, and we'd lose the ball forever :O

So, I worked on my cut, and straight drive reasonably hard, and think I'm pretty good at them :P

More of a meaty player. Meaning, I go for my 4s and 6s, but rarely run...run only if I need to :P

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
you dont slog every ball (except at the end of of the innings) but if you can slog a boundary an over it can get you a long way

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Best shot is the pull or drive. The cut has allways been a problem for me, I play it a lot instinctively but hardly ever hit it :(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm tall with a long reach but it's my footwork really, I never get into the right position.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I like all my shots cant really say I have a preffrance.

I suppose I do like to hammer my offdrives REALLY hard like Gilchrist. The cover drive and pull are always a nice and enjoyable shots to play as well

Like Age I love charging the medium pacers and smashing them prefferably over/ through cover or mid off but any direction is good.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
The cut has allways been a problem for me, I play it a lot instinctively but hardly ever hit it :(
I also have same exact problem. I have the same problem with pull shot too against really quick bowling but more often than not it connects the bat. Most often than not it goes in the air and some times over the keeper's head. Once it hit the sightscreen on the full behind the keeper's head and it was a big international stadium :lol: :O . The bowler was quick but i didn't know that he was that quick.

I like driving the ball thru the covers. I find it the easiest and the only shot which i connect regularly:D :P

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The backfoot cover drive between point and cover or through extra cover.....is my favourite shot.....atleast used to be, back in the days when I was playing....

Agent TBY

International Captain
Against the pacemen,it is the Front foot pull to widish long-on.I hit it with a massive amount of power,it flies with a flat trajectory in tremendous speed towards over the boundary.

I love charging the spinners and either loft the boll over extra cover or if they drop it short,I hit the same shot that i described earlier!

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm pretty good with all shots except for the on-drive and flick through mid-wicket. I tend to get my left foot twisted and lose balance, so I'm usually struck on the pad.

I have a tendency to instinctively duck out of bouncers, so I don't tend to play the hook shot at all. As such, I don't know how well I can play it. :P

One technical problem that I've corrected recently is my shot selection against yorkers. I used to instinctively attempt to straight drive it, but now I've learnt to 'look for the yorker and adjust for the half volley' when the ball is pitched up. That said, I was out to a peach of an inswinging yorker the other day...I'm still now sure how it crept through.