• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hardest Shot to Play?

Legglancer

State Regular
I find this shot most difficult to execute when facing upto a slower/medium pace trundler who hits the deck slightly short with moderate seam movement. Its much easier to time and play the Legglance to the pacies and it looks better too !

Eclipse

International Debutant
hourn said:
the back foot on drive is the hardest shot to play - it's just so hard to get any power on it.

I love that shot more for the fact it looks good than the fact it's productive for me because it's not that productive.

I can get plenty of power on the back foot off drive but usualy I hit it in the air when I try to punch it to hard.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
For me it's the cut shot. I've never been able to get it right. Up until a couple of years ago it might have been the cover drive -always seem to edge it. The on drive is easy but I lean on it more than a full drive.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
2 shots I find hard to play are the cut, I just never get in the right position, and a backfoot forcing shot into the off-side which I either edge or am given out because it looks like I have. Maybe because I lean back so much. I've gotta stop playing it.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Cant beleve so many people have trouble with the cut shot IMO it's rather easy. I somtimes get cought at point but usualy it takes a good catch to get me out off the cut. cant remember geting cought behing cutting for ages.

Maybe you all have bats slightly to heavy.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
Cant beleve so many people have trouble with the cut shot IMO it's rather easy. I somtimes get cought at point but usualy it takes a good catch to get me out off the cut. cant remember geting cought behing cutting for ages.

Maybe you all have bats slightly to heavy.
Yeah I have a Slaz V100 and it's a bit heavy but I find it great for most other shots. I have a really light bat too and I still can't cut with it, it's the whole act of trying to meet the ball with the bat at just the right angle to make it go square and actually have power too. I tend to drag it in front of square because I'm left handed and bat so and my bottom hand is dominant, though not as noticeable as Graeme Smith.

Eclipse

International Debutant
hmmm... well practice makes perfect I suppose.

remindes me of a freind of mine who is a total gun & can play every shot magnificently exept the leg glance witch he totaly sucks at.

You should see the bruses he gets on his thighs, hip and legs :O He gets hit every time he trys to play it.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find the shot where the bat must hit the ball the most difficult. Gets me every time.