• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies strike explained

MrIncredible

U19 Cricketer
I've been following this issue for a while and although I would rather cricketers put country above self Im definitely on the side of the players. The WICB seriously is run by a set of incompetents. From the debacle in Antigua (which conveniently has been brushed aside) to agreeing to play 2 tests in England shortly after the euphoria of regaining the Wisden. WI IMO were on the way up, sorry to say with the present board that they have things are only goin to get worse. Time for Caribbean governments or the ICC to intervene and overhaul (fire) the dunces at the WICB and start a fresh.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I've been following this issue for a while and although I would rather cricketers put country above self Im definitely on the side of the players. The WICB seriously is run by a set of incompetents. From the debacle in Antigua (which conveniently has been brushed aside) to agreeing to play 2 tests in England shortly after the euphoria of regaining the Wisden. WI IMO were on the way up, sorry to say with the present board that they have things are only goin to get worse. Time for Caribbean governments or the ICC to intervene and overhaul (fire) the dunces at the WICB and start a fresh.
Extreme but fair indeed. Cricket has enough problems, ICC needs to step in here indeed. It would be tragic is the WI major players all retired into the IPL because of this.

shivfan

Banned
That might not be necessary....

Elections for the WICB are due in August 11, and the whole impasse has been handled badly by the Hunte leadership, so I'm sure they'll be swept out of office.