• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Hussey – Is his time up?

tooextracool

International Coach
Haha, I find this criticism of North to be a bit silly, the guy is just two series old, and has been one of our better batsmen in both of those series, his Yuvraj Singh like technique might make people think he would struggle as test batsman, but the fact of the matter is he scored runs in South Africa, as well as in England.

As for people saying he only scores runs when the team is well on top, then that's another thing that's not really true, during the 1st test in South Africa he scored his century at a pretty crucial time on a difficult pitch against a pretty good attack, the runs he scored at Cardiff, Edgbaston and Leeds also were scored when he came to the crease after the fall of a few quick wickets, so its not fair to suggest that he doesn't score runs when the team is under pressure.

As for Hussey, I think it was only the matter of him breaking out of that slump, and with that century at the Oval he has done that now, so would be very surprised if he starts struggling all over again anytime soon.
Regarding Hussey, I think that its only a matter of time before he starts scoring runs by the bucket again. The problem for him is that he can't afford another bad series so if the rub of the green goes against him for his next test series, he will be out of the side.

On North, well, I don't rate his technique and whilst he seems like a good leaver I doubt he can sustain a technique like that and be successful at the test match level. But I could be wrong.

inbox24

International Debutant
Jaques was injured, not leap frogged. Although he probably would have been if he was actually available for selection given our selectors' aversions to picking the best players in the country.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jaques was injured, not leap frogged. Although he probably would have been if he was actually available for selection given our selectors' aversions to picking the best players in the country.
The selectors had already decided to drop Jaques before his injury.