• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Kenya in Ireland

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We were supposed to be getting a new multi-purpose sports facility/stadium somewhere up North which I'm sure could've done for cricket but our people didn't want it for some reason. Would rather play World Cup Qualifiers in Windsor Park..
Because it would be useless. Windsor Park doesn't even sell out most of the time, Casemont Park is perfectly good for GAA, rugby is played down South and no other sports are going to attract enough of a crowd to justify building a new stadium.

Also, it was pencilled in for the Maze Prison site, which would be horrendously awkward to get to for most of the population in comparison to the Stormont Cricket Ground, Casemont, Ravenhill and Windsor.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
Because it would be useless. Windsor Park doesn't even sell out most of the time, Casemont Park is perfectly good for GAA, rugby is played down South and no other sports are going to attract enough of a crowd to justify building a new stadium.

Also, it was pencilled in for the Maze Prison site, which would be horrendously awkward to get to for most of the population in comparison to the Stormont Cricket Ground, Casemont, Ravenhill and Windsor.
Sound. All I know is Windsor is a hole which is probably why it doesn't sell out. I did score there once though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sound. All I know is Windsor is a hole which is probably why it doesn't sell out. I did score there once though.
:thumbsup: Good work.

It's not a nice place. Sectarian area, tiny pitch conducive to poor football, just plain ugly as ****. But on the plus side, opposing teams don't like coming there either.

If they want both communities to get behind the team properly they need to move somewhere. But a 30,000 seater would just be embarrassing at the moment.