• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL hurting the international game

pup11

International Coach
brockley's posts on anything to do with NZ cricket are ****ing tiresome. Sure, you don't have this problem - remind me again how Shaun Tait got completely and utterly shafted by the ACB in regards to the IPL?
Tbh, the matter with Tait was completely different, CA asked him not go and play in the IPL in fear of him getting injured while playing there, so he probably thought they were planning to pick him for the T20 WC, but that didn't happen, and on top of that he wasn't even given a central contract this year, which obviously pissed him off, and one can't really blame him for that either.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand didn't ban Bond from playing. We were banned from picking him to play by the ICC.
New Zealand board attacked for Bond decision | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

"The NZCPA fully understands the position NZC has found itself and we do not want them to damage relationships with the BCCI and other ICC members. However, pressure to preserve these relationships should not be placed above preserving New Zealand's right to select its best players to represent the Black Caps, the rights and aspirations of New Zealand citizens to represent their country and the legal rights of players under their signed playing contracts. "Given the issues Bond has decided to stand aside from international cricket at NZC's request. The NZCPA supports this decision as it enables him to preserve a strong relationship with the board of NZC in the hope that he can again contribute to the game in New Zealand at some stage in the future. However, this is not a decision that he was compelled to make and under our contract system negotiated with NZC it remains open for any player to play for a third party like the ICL and still remain contracted to and play for NZC."

NZ Board terminated its contract with Bond after allowing him to sign with ICL. Bond was a victim of NZ Boards incompetence. If Bond took them to court he would have won easily.

Bond :- "I asked for permission from the New Zealand board to join the ICL,..If they had said: 'No, you can't', then I'd be in the IPL now. But they actually said yes and so I signed my contract with the ICL. Then a little later they said: 'No, you can't go anymore.' It was disappointing and I was pretty grumpy for a while.In the media it was made to look pretty much like I'd done a runner and that wasn't the case. It's not an ideal way to end your career and one of the more disappointing things for me is that no one even said: 'It's a shame you can't play anymore but thanks for your contributions and good luck.' It was just a case of, 'Oh, he doesn't want to play anymore so bugger off.' That irritates me most."

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
We haven't had this problem in australia in fact some of the players chose to skip the IPl,defnitely poor behaviour by the nz players.
Yeah they dump the national team for fishing trips and for a few drinks.

Flem274*

123/5
We haven't had this problem in australia in fact some of the players chose to skip the IPl,defnitely poor behaviour by the nz players.
A series is in april we expect it to be honoured.
IPL in march april next year,ipl will clash with the domestix season this year,do state sides have to release players for IPL.
Cameron Merchant still sucks. :p

The A series will be honoured buddy, the players in it arent IPL candidates and they get a chance to push for an NZ place. Somehow I think they'll turn up. :p

brockley

International Captain
I think you misunderstood my point the test series between australia and nz is in april as well as the chappell hadlee series.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tbh, the matter with Tait was completely different, CA asked him not go and play in the IPL in fear of him getting injured while playing there, so he probably thought they were planning to pick him for the T20 WC, but that didn't happen, and on top of that he wasn't even given a central contract this year, which obviously pissed him off, and one can't really blame him for that either.
He now has a Cricket Australia contract thanks to Symonds :)

Tait is currently playing for Australia A, he's definitely in Australia's short game plans but I can't see him playing another Test match TBH.

pup11

International Coach
He now has a Cricket Australia contract thanks to Symonds :)

Tait is currently playing for Australia A, he's definitely in Australia's short game plans but I can't see him playing another Test match TBH.
I really can't understand why Tait is so stubborn about sticking to his current bowling action, with his current action he would never be able to play cricket consistently without getting injured, he is a big lad and there is every chance that would ball quick even with a remodeled action, and that is something he should seriously look into, he is a very exciting talent, but it a shame he is injured most of the times.

brockley

International Captain
Well flem and voltman looks like the nzcb will have to cancel the aust-nz series in april then8-) and the hadlee series,a nice rest for the aussies.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
If there was some IPL type tournaments running somewhere at any point in the year it would make it mu8ch easier for indovidual cricketers to fit the financial opportunities around their International commitiments

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Well flem and voltman looks like the nzcb will have to cancel the aust-nz series in april then8-) and the hadlee series,a nice rest for the aussies.
Cancel a series because a full strength line up wouldn't turn up? 8-)

How unprofessional would be if NZ had some players missing......

brockley

International Captain
If 7/8 kiwis went off to ipl when the chppell haddlee series was on maybe cricket australia would re-think the chappell- hadlee series,maybe cut it.

brockley

International Captain
I guess australia will play a vurtual nz A team in the tests and chappell hadlee series,if that happens i woukd cancel the chappell hadlee series.

Polo23

International Debutant
I guess australia will play a vurtual nz A team in the tests and chappell hadlee series,if that happens i woukd cancel the chappell hadlee series.
Better give CA a call then. I'm sure with your obvious sway over Australian cricket they'll take you seriously.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I really can't understand why Tait is so stubborn about sticking to his current bowling action, with his current action he would never be able to play cricket consistently without getting injured, he is a big lad and there is every chance that would ball quick even with a remodeled action, and that is something he should seriously look into, he is a very exciting talent, but it a shame he is injured most of the times.
Yeah, he should bowl more like Glenn McGrath!

99*

International Debutant
Its your players doing the dirty on cricket australia,the nz ipl players being dogs at the moment.
**** Cricket Australia. When you pick a full side to face us in it (i.e- the whole C-H series) then you can start talking.

brockley

International Captain
We might leave 1/2 players out of a one day side not 7/8 and we would never leave 7/8 players out of a test match between nz and aust.
The players disrespecting the game.
Is IPL bigger than representing your country in test cricket.
Hope the nzcb bans the players.