• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Fast bowling stocks on the rise?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Are we seeing a 90's type revival.Currently in the Under 30 category we have.

Aus-Mitch,Siddle & Hilfy

Eng- Broad, Anderson

India- Ishant, Sreesanth, RP

NZL-Southee

Sl Dhamika Prasad, Malinga, Kulasekara

Pak-Asif,Gul, Aamir

SA-Steyn, Parnell, Morkel

Wi-Edward, Taylor.

Currently there are 19 under 30 guys who have shown performance or potential and then you add some established above 30 performers like Zaheer, Flintoff, Lee, Clarke,Akhtar and Nitini so it all add up to atleast 25-30 good quality seam bowlers.

Now I have doubts we are going to see many Ambrose, Donlad, Mcgrath,Wasim out of them but its till something to be excited about:)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The bowler I see becoming an all-time great out of that list is Wayne Parnell. Bowlers like Steyn and Johnson will touch that status but won't be able to maintain it as long as what most would call the very best.

Siddle has a good shout too.

Xuhaib

International Coach
The bowler I see becoming an all-time great out of that list is Wayne Parnell. Bowlers like Steyn and Johnson will touch that status but won't be able to maintain it as long as what most would call the very best.

Siddle has a good shout too.
Asif if returns and keeps his head screwed the right way can. Parnell, Ishant and Aamir are 3 who could really develop but are still too young to make a call.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Asif has the most potential out of the lot IMO. Was so impressed when I saw him bowl against England.

Is Aamir actually 17, because if he is, that is seriously impressive. Reckon he'd get 10fers week in week out if he played in our u17s league.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
What are the chances of Mohammad Asif making a return? His seam movement is second to none.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Asif, Steyn, Johnson & Siddle are the ones most likely to reach the all-time great status ATS.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
yes we do see to have some decent young bowlers appearing. But nothing (atm anyway) that could match the likes of Ambrose / Walsh / McGrath / Akram / Donald etc.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I feel this could be a golden era for left arm fast bowling. Johnon, Aamir, Parnell and Kamran Khan.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I feel this could be a golden era for left arm fast bowling. Johnon, Aamir, Parnell and Kamran Khan.
He got done for chucking and hasn't played a first class game.

Aamir is the real deal. I called it on here when he was dicking England U19's at the age of 14 that he should be in the Pak senior side...

Another left-arm bowler is Lonwabo Tsotsobe, he is likely to be playing test cricket for South Africa come the England series.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
LOL @ Siddle being all time great.

Seriously has to be the most overrated bowler going around.
Hard to think of another pace bowler who has settled into Test cricket after 7 games as much as Peter Siddle. He has bowled like he belongs at the highest level. Has impressed nearly all with his consistency, stamina, pace and plain aggression. He is both a wicket taking threat, and someone capable of bowling back of a length and keeping the run rate down.

Has suggested in his limited games for Victoria that he is the most promising younger paceman in Australia, all that has really held him back so far is his poor injury history.

By no means will he be an all time great, as in low 20's average. But with a decent run of fitness he looks likely to have a mid to high 20's bowling average, which is a fair achievement in this current era.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I know. My old school has five new ball bowlers. In 1965 and 1966 we had only three :dry: