• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club cricket umpire dies in freak accident

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Extremely sad. Unfortunately, playing with a hard ball means this sort of thing, very, very occasionally, will happen.

RIP to the guy.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The comments suggest he was hit by a fielder, and not a shot from the batsman. How **** must that fielder be feeling right now? Pretty tragic accident.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Why can't umpires wear a sort of helmet too? Or a skull guard like Gavaskar used to wear?

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
The comments suggest he was hit by a fielder, and not a shot from the batsman. How **** must that fielder be feeling right now? Pretty tragic accident.
i don't think there's anything which suggests that ball hit him by a fielder
but whatever it's really sad
i remember when i threw a ball & it hit the back of the umpire, it was such a bad feeling that i can't explain

Jakester1288

International Regular
R.I.P

When I saw this thread (on another forum, so I came here to check if we had this thread) I thought it was the umpire from the Australia v England Lions tour match.