• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in West Indies

stumpski

International Captain
Not a series that's going to capture the imagination admittedly (first Test starts on the same day as Cardiff's), but there should be a thread really. Bangs playing in some unglamorous venues but at least their warm-up game is on a major Test ground, Kensington Oval.

First Test July 9-13, St Vincent
Second Test July 17-21, Grenada

Followed by three ODIs and a T20 in Dominica and St Kitts.

First series as captain for Mortaza, it'll be interesting to see if Ashraful gets some form back now. Made a 50 on the first day against the 'A' side, no score updates since Friday though for some reason.

Bangladesh did OK out here last time, holding WI to a draw in the first Test without help from the weather. Trouble is that none of their three century-makers is here this time. No ICL players in their squad as far as I can see.

cricman

International 12th Man
Bangladeshis: 195
Windies A: 248
Bangladeshis: 144/2

Going to depend alot on Shakib's Bowling in the Test Matches

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh A are 159/3 at tea on the last day.

Individual performances so far:

Bangladesh: Ashraful 50, Tamim 70 odd not out

Windies A: Devon Thomas (19 year old WK batsman) 105, Kemar Roach 5/62, Ryan Austin 5/71 and 3/24 in the 2nd innings.

shivfan

Banned
Could Thomas force his way into the squad for the tour of Australia as the second keeper?

And will Austin pressure Benn for his place in the side?

Beamer

If they take a 2nd keeper than Devon Thomas would be the man.

As for Austin he has put himself right in the picture to replace Benn who surely can't be far away from being dropped.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Bangladesh:
Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Imrul Kayes, Raqibul Hasan, Mehrab Hossain jnr, Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Shahadat Hossain, Enamul Haque jnr, Mahbubul Alam, Rubel Hossain, Saghir Hossain (wk).

Beamer

The last time the chief selector spoke to the public the two keepers he mentioned were Devon Thomas and Chadwick Walton (who he seemed particularly high on).

Beamer

Match drawn, Bangladesh reached 233/5. Tamim got 72, Roqibul Hassan 49 not out.

Ryan Austin took 4/65 to finish with match figures of 9/136. He was the leading wicket taker in the 4 day competition this year. If you include this match his FC stats this year are 69 wickets in 13 matches @ 22 runs per wicket.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
If he does it again next year he should be in with a shot because Benn will most likely be dropped from Tests by then.

shivfan

Banned
Thanks for sticky-ing this, guys....
:cool:
I'm more inclined to go with Thomas than Baugh. The Jamaican seems like a good batsman now, but I've never been impressed with his keeping skills. I'm told that Thomas is a good gloveman. But I haven't seen him. Is that true?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks for sticky-ing this, guys....
:cool:
I'm more inclined to go with Thomas than Baugh. The Jamaican seems like a good batsman now, but I've never been impressed with his keeping skills. I'm told that Thomas is a good gloveman. But I haven't seen him. Is that true?
What about Patrick Browne, like what i saw of him. Definately looked better than Baugh as a batsman.

Beamer

Sky are streaming it on their website but it's not on their regular sports programming.

Barath better be there, and the Trinidad Guardian is convinced he has been selected (of course they didn't disclose any of the other selectorial decisions:wacko:)

stumpski

International Captain
Sky are going to be showing late- nite highlights according to the TV schedules in Wisden Cricket Monthly. Only an hour as opposed to their usual two, but that'll do me I reckon. Going to need to record it though.

Beamer

The Official Windies squad for the 1st test :

Chris Gayle (c)
Adrian Barath
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Brendan Nash
Runako Morton
Narsingh Deonarine
Dwayne Bravo
Denesh Ramdin (vc, wk)
Jerome Taylor
Ravi Rampaul
Andrew Richardson
Suliemann Benn

Positives: Barath and Rampaul finally get the test call up they deserved ages ago and they have seen the light as far as Lionel Baker is concerned.

Negatives: Benn is still there and what the hell is Morton doing back in a test squad against a team full of spinners? Fidel Edwards is being rested after an injury sustained in the 20/20 WC.

Beamer

That would make the team:

Gayle
Barath
Sarwan
Bravo
Chanderpaul
Nash
Ramdin (wk)
Taylor
Benn
Rampaul
Richardson

That would be the more attacking lineup and I like the look of it. If they had dropped Benn and picked another spinner that would have been my ideal lineup. The other option is to play either Deonarine or Morton at number 4 and drop one of the pacers. By their extremely low standards the selectors have done a pretty good job this time IMO.