• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in West Indies

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, 15 should be enough ... not Nixon McLean is it? :-O

Thought: has any side, anywhere, changed its entire playing XI from one Test to the next? Even the Second World War didn't cause that to happen.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
No not Nixon. Kevin. He played against England earlier this year in the match Simmons made a double ton IIRC.

pskov

International 12th Man
Yeah, 15 should be enough ... not Nixon McLean is it? :-O

Thought: has any side, anywhere, changed its entire playing XI from one Test to the next? Even the Second World War didn't cause that to happen.
It would certainly have happened back when England and Australia sent second string sides on non-Ashes tours in the 1930s and before. Not sure if it ever has since.

cricman

International 12th Man
MCLean to have Match figures of 12/105 :ph34r:

Low Scoring Match it'll be, I still think the Windies will win. Unless if the replacement players are short on Match Practice.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Braithwaite is the real interesting one 16 years old and has been touted as the next Lara from what I've heard. This will be the youngest (non-dodgy) test debut wont it? The first player to play test cricket younger than me, god I feel old I might as well die now:laugh:. Although apparently hes related to me, his ancestors were slaves and took the last name of my rallies I think:unsure:

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
@nzguy, I would call the circumstances of this Test match more dodgy then whatever you are implying.

shivfan

Banned
Now that I've been following this a bit more, I've come to the conclusion that neither the WICB nor WIPA care about West Indies cricket....
:@
If they did, they both would've made more of an attempt to arrive at a middle ground.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Now that I've been following this a bit more, I've come to the conclusion that neither the WICB nor WIPA care about West Indies cricket....
:@
If they did, they both would've made more of an attempt to arrive at a middle ground.
The Windies players could have turned up and just played in protest, wear arm-bands and make their feelings well known throughout but to boycott and let their side possibly lose a test series to Bangladesh is something I can't comprehend. But given their lack of fight they should in England, not really a surprise. They couldn’t give a toss there.

Vice-Captain Sammy might not be a popular player with Gayle and co., apparently they are not the best of friends and turning up here won’t help that. Good on him though, plays with a smile on his face and looks like he enjoys playing for the Windies. Daren Powell declined to participate.

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
Madness... but the result will be an interesting if very low-quality match. Bangladesh should win, but will they? Could Ireland, Kenya or the Netherlands beat this West Indies team? Wish I could watch some of it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If Kraigg Brathwaite plays, he will be the 5th youngest test debutant of all-time and the youngest from outside the subcontinent. Surpassing fellow West Indian Derek Sealy, who debuted at the age of 17, 79 years ago against England.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Madness... but the result will be an interesting if very low-quality match. Bangladesh should win, but will they? Could Ireland, Kenya or the Netherlands beat this West Indies team? Wish I could watch some of it.
As I said earlier, if Bangladesh fail to win this test then serious questions have to be asked. Cricinfo says this is a second string Windies team but that is bull, more like 5th choice. Their 36 year old captain hasn’t played a test in over ten years.

AaronK

State Regular
Very very sad and dire situation..it will be such a shame if Windes lose a test home series to Bangladish.. Just thinking.. those of you who was watching cricket back in 70s, 80s and even early 90s..did you guys ever thought that a dominate team such as West Indies would have to go through this one day? I mean think about.. back in those days winning a test series against West Indies was such a highly accomplished achievement..this is in a sense a legacy that the those teams left behind.. today it seems that not only West Indies players but also officials and board doesn't care about the legacy that those teams of West Indies left behind..it is such a shame..

Well Bangladish will win this series but i am hoping that this team at least show some fight..

Chubb

International Regular
As I said earlier, if Bangladesh fail to win this test then serious questions have to be asked. Cricinfo says this is a second string Windies team but that is bull, more like 5th choice. Their 36 year old captain hasn’t played a test in over ten years.
Aye, and when Reifer did he averaged 7. It is not like he had a couple of decent knocks or anything. Really the second string would include the boy named Sew, Narsingh Deonarine, Joseph- players who have at least held their own at test level on occasion.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Sky are streaming it on their website but it's not on their regular sports programming.

Barath better be there, and the Trinidad Guardian is convinced he has been selected (of course they didn't disclose any of the other selectorial decisions:wacko:)
Is the Sky website still streaming it?

I can't find the link any more....

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Its all well and good crying about a lost legacy on a cricket forum, but we've got to realise we're not the ones being asked to play a 5th consecutive series without a contract. The players are not to blame for this situation.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Its all well and good crying about a lost legacy on a cricket forum, but we've got to realise we're not the ones being asked to play a 5th consecutive series without a contract. The players are not to blame for this situation.
I agree with this. They have protested and threaten the board a million times now and board done nothing. Only way things were going to change for them, was to boycott a match. The fact that most of 2nd and 3rd string players also pulled out says a fair bit for mine, about the way both domestic and international players have been treated.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree with this. They have protested and threaten the board a million times now and board done nothing. Only way things were going to change for them, was to boycott a match. The fact that most of 2nd and 3rd string players also pulled out says a fair bit for mine, about the way both domestic and international players have been treated.

If only India's players could show such militancy in the wake of their being run into the ground for the BCCI coffer's sake.

This is one the reasons I have a soft spot for the Windies :)