• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in West Indies

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It is the terms and conditions in those retainer contracts that are the problem not the money offered. The WICB has completely ignored their defeats in arbitration and continue to sell the players image rights to Digicel.

As that article and many others have pointed out, both sides are at fault and are letting the West Indian people down badly, but IMHO it is at least 80% the fault of the WICB.

I would prefer Sir Clive to focus on that rather than making up things to make the players look bad. Anyway it doesn't really matter as it is going to mediation and if it goes to arbitration eventually the WICB will lose for the 8th time in a row.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally think it's more of a 60%-40% shift. Also fairly certain that Clive Lloyd knows a thing or two about what he speaks about. Given the man he was as a player, consistently championing the rights of his players.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
How successful was he with that though?

In any case, Bruce Aanansen has written an open letter to the mediator Sir Sridath Ramphal and makes some good points though nothing unheard of before.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why the ODI's not on Sky? Nothing else on, unless you think the Wembley cup is a serious competition. Wanted to watch this and no workable stream is knocking around…

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What are the odds of the West Indies keeping Kemar Roach around after the players strike ends?

Athlai

Not Terrible
He seems like a pretty decent bowler. Could fill that last spot in the pace bowling lineup up.

Edwards
Taylor
------ Roach?
Bravo
Benn

Could be the finest WI Test attack for a looooong time.

roseboy64

Why the ODI's not on Sky? Nothing else on, unless you think the Wembley cup is a serious competition. Wanted to watch this and no workable stream is knocking around…
Because they don't fancy people will care about this series. Not really paid attention to it myself and it's not even on FTA TV here. (It usually is) Started out there but moved to cable after the first Test.

Beamer

There are two bowlers ahead of him really in Rampaul and Richardson.
Not any more they aren't. It's not just the 5 wicket hauls against Bangladesh that has people excited, it's the way he has got them, moving the old ball both ways at high pace.

roseboy64

Interesting that he didn't do this well in the domestic competition though and Rampaul as performed better against better quality.

Beamer

Yep and I am a big fan of Rampaul. But Roach has always been an exceptionally gifted fast bowler, he just had severe run up problems which have clearly been sorted.

Woodster

International Captain
Seems Devon Smith has a very big job in his hands in getting the WI closer to the 247 they have been set by Bangladesh. If the WI are to chase it down, Smith must bat for a large percentage of their innings, he's made a start and is currently on 11.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised that Smith is still there. He's faced seven overs of spin so far, three from an offie.

But Floyd Reifer is the worst international cricketer of my generation.

roseboy64

Rumours of T&T splitting and maybe Jamaica. Also that the ICC will release a statement tomorrow on the eligibility of the WI to compete in the Champions Trophy and might have to qualify.

cricman

International 12th Man
Shakib is gonna have a stranglehold on the Allrounder rankings, He's got 2 more vs this WI side and than 5 more vs Zimbabwe

Howsie

International Captain
To anyone that watched this match could you tell me how quick Pascal and Roach were bowling?

Aritro

International Regular
To anyone that watched this match could you tell me how quick Pascal and Roach were bowling?
Roach was as penetrating and impressive as he was during both tests.

I didn't see much of Pascal but he was awfully wayward at the start and went for quite a few runs.