• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in West Indies

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm pleased that Raqibul has passed his highest score. Would love to see him make a big score, pretty impressive that he's made a 300 in First Class Cricket before, no matter who the opponents were.

Aritro

International Regular
Mushfiq's averaged 40 odd in his 8 tests since the New Zealand series. He's flown under the radar, but he's probably our best batsman at the moment.

And surely Kemar Roach needs to be fast-tracked into the proper team? Looks a cracking bowler. They don't seem to have speed guns but he'd be very comfortably in the 140s. Has a good strike rate in the domestic stuff too. Should have a long career for the West Indies IMO.

Aritro

International Regular
I'll take your word for it.

His numbers look good though, and he's bowled well on a deadish pitch, albeit against our batsmen.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
And surely Kemar Roach needs to be fast-tracked into the proper team? Looks a cracking bowler. They don't seem to have speed guns but he'd be very comfortably in the 140s. Has a good strike rate in the domestic stuff too. Should have a long career for the West Indies IMO.
When he played the Aussies in a T20, he was around 87mph, so not quite express but quick enough. I wouldn't be shocked if he has put on a few since then though, he has a very explosive action and one which looks like it can generate a lot of speed.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Nah he's been playing; just not doing particularly well - averaging in the mid 30s domestically the last couple of seasons.

Bangladesh's selectors are generally an ambitious mob and I guess that's fair enough. I'm sure they realise that Javed is better than Kayes at the moment, but there's absolutely no chance of him ever being a Test standard batsman. Kayes may be terrible now, but he's young so they think there's a chance - albeit a very slight one - of him developing his game by playing against good players and possibly becoming a Test standard batsman in time. As such, they continually select talented players out of their Under 19 teams - which are often quite successful - and give them experience at Test level. It's not like in other countries where players can just develop their games in First Class cricket and then step up to Test level because the gap is just too wide. There's no point just plodding along aimlessly with no ambitions to ever become better than they are as a Test-playing nation.. they need to try to improve themselves and find players who belong.
All is pretty much correct. Kayes had a big breakthrough at the same time as Junaid and Tamim in Premier League cricket, then carried his form through to the following domestic season. It must be remembered that all the Bangladeshi batsmen (those three plus Raqib, Ashraful and Shakib) are very inexperienced in any form of cricket. The youth structure in Bangladesh is suitably chaotic and the number of organised games of cricket played by these young batsmen will be miniscule in comparison with an English or Australian player, or even an Indian player, of the same age. They have played little domestic cricket for the reasons EWS suggests - NCL cricket in Bangladesh is so poor. Mahmudullah was scoring hundreds at will in its last edition, yet he is batting at eight for the national side.

In short, Kayes must stay in and around the squad (although the situation may change when the ICL exiles return, especially Alok Kapali).

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dwayne Bravo on Tino Best and the test defeat to Bangladesh - "When I saw Tino Best play that shot. I fling my hands - I just couldn't believe the shot that he played at that time, knowing the situation in the game. Which I expected from him because I've seen him do it on different occasions.

I wasn't really surprised but I thought being out of the game so long and he gets an opportunity again now, he might have learnt something or be a smarter cricketer, but it shows that he hasn't done much, hasn't learnt much.
"

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nash and Drakes played lots of pro cricket before playing for the West Indies though.
Really late, but that obviously was unrelated to my point. There are a lot of poor professional cricketers. Not that those two are poor cricketers, but you see my point?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dwayne Bravo on Tino Best and the test defeat to Bangladesh - "When I saw Tino Best play that shot. I fling my hands - I just couldn't believe the shot that he played at that time, knowing the situation in the game. Which I expected from him because I've seen him do it on different occasions.

I wasn't really surprised but I thought being out of the game so long and he gets an opportunity again now, he might have learnt something or be a smarter cricketer, but it shows that he hasn't done much, hasn't learnt much.
"
Says more about Bravo than Best. Good things about Bravo and his maturity and approach though. Refreshing.

shivfan

Banned
Five wickets for Roach, one of the finds of the 'series' for West Indies I guess. 223-9 now.
I think he's improved a lot since we last saw him....

He seems to have licked his no-ball problem. He also did well for the A team against the Bangladeshis in Barbados, so not many are ahead of him, IMHO. Certainly not Baker!
:@
maybe only Rampaul....