• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in West Indies

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
With Mortaza available it would be over by now. As it is I can see West Indies escaping here.

But how much would defeat help to bring about a settlement between players and board?
i was being sarcastic....this victory over a west indies club side is as hollow/pathetic/meaningless as their "series win" over a zimbabwe club side...

as for the windies, this has to be their cricketing nadir however much of a farce the test was....

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So

West Indies > England, and Bangladesh > West Indies. Does this mean... oh my goodness...

Bangladesh >> England?

Conclusive proof.

BUT SWERIOUSLY, well done Bangladesh! :)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Tamim!!!!

Also Shakib!

Curious as to how he will captain the team, worried it may harm his bowling but he seems to be the best option.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I was hoping the underdog would win. :sleep:

Hopefully West Indies 5th choice XI is more like 3rd XI for the next test. Should be enough there to win.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
what a win for bangladesh, saw last few wickets, it was great to see but haven't been watching cricket so don't know where the familiar players of westindies are??? all of them are injured? or they just didn't give respect to bangladesh & rested them???

shivfan

Banned
It's a distressing time to be a WI fan, but having said that, this makeshift team of seven debutants put up a good fight, at least....

They carried the match into the fifth day, and at the start of play on Monday, all three results were possible. As TT boy has said, they need to beef up the batting. Maybe drop Miller and bring in a batsman, if there are any available.
:laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what a win for bangladesh, saw last few wickets, it was great to see but haven't been watching cricket so don't know where the familiar players of westindies are??? all of them are injured? or they just didn't give respect to bangladesh & rested them???
There's a pay dispute going on. The regulars are essentially on strike, without wanting to simplify things too much.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo said that the number of players who refused to represent the Windies is over 25, so to take a test playing nation to the wire, to the 5th day with such a ragtag side is a good effort.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The more I think about, the more impressed I am with Bangladesh. What an effort a bowler down and under immense pressure to win. I hope Bangladeshi cricket can go on to greater strengths... it's bound to, surely. Over 150 million cricket-mad people, it has to come good in the end.

shivfan

Banned
Cricinfo said that the number of players who refused to represent the Windies is over 25, so to take a test playing nation to the wire, to the 5th day with such a ragtag side is a good effort.
Given the team that was eventually selected, I suspect that number is signficantly higher than 25....

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Given the team that was eventually selected, I suspect that number is signficantly higher than 25....
Indeed.

Most Windies fans on here could hypothetically make five or more better XI's than the one that turned up at Kingstown. As I said, stick a Marshall, Bravo Jr., Simmons, Morton or Joseph into that squad and they would have (probably) won.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Is Sammy the only player whos relatively there or there abouts in terms of being close to the top XI?