• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Build-up to Indian Domestic Season 2009-10

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, I see Vijay making the bench.

Dhawan can make the runs but is too flashy which would be suicide in international cricket. He offers a few chances, even at this level in whatever runs he makes. He has a lot to improve in my opinion.

Badri was really unlucky to be run out in the first game in what was essentially Khadiwale's wrong calling.

Shri

Mr. Glass
About time that Uthappa got another go in the ODI side imo. If any batsman gets injured, he should get a look in. Looks in good touch atm.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Watching the game and will watch it over the Champions League. Good chance to see the young talent in India. The quality of cricket so far today has been poor. Bad bowling and batsmen only hitting boundaries - not taking singles.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
About time that Uthappa got another go in the ODI side imo. If any batsman gets injured, he should get a look in. Looks in good touch atm.
He showed technical deficiencies in his game last season in the IPL. Not sure if he has sorted them out yet.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
351. Should be enough. I will watch this game though barring some thing superb from Otago. Tomorrow will make a bloody good final.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Vik Malik, I find, bowled utter rubbish AND got his footing wrong repeatedly. Mukund seems to have batted well, giving little chance and taking lots of singles. Wasim Jaffer getting a big score doesn't reveal too much- he seems to be a little unsteady against the opening bowlers and cashed in later. He's taken full advantage of woeful bowling here. Dhoni and more so Yusuf getting a good hit in the final overs is a good sign, even against bowling so dire. There seems no power in this bowling attack and that seems enough for Dhoni and Yusuf to return to some form. The fielding has had its share of bloopers and the wicketkeeping, again, was below par.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Vik Malik, I find, bowled utter rubbish AND got his footing wrong repeatedly. Mukund seems to have batted well, giving little chance and taking lots of singles. Wasim Jaffer getting a big score doesn't reveal too much- he seems to be a little unsteady against the opening bowlers and cashed in later. He's taken full advantage of woeful bowling here. Dhoni and more so Yusuf getting a good hit in the final overs is a good sign, even against bowling so dire. There seems no power in this bowling attack and that seems enough for Dhoni and Yusuf to return to some form. The fielding has had its share of bloopers and the wicketkeeping, again, was below par.
Yeah Jaffer was woeful early on in his inning which is his problem as an ODI player - he doesn't rotate the strike much.

Mukund offered two chances, so his inning was not perfect but he certainly has a bit of talent.

Malik had a bad, bad day. No respite when he had to bowl to Pathan and went for 3/4 consecutive fours.

The bowling attack - I thought Dhawal Kulkarni bowled well till he was taken apart later, Jataki had no support from the pitch. Balaji was unthreatening with his medium fast bowling. Raina was absolutely useless with his spin and helped the partnership develop in the middle. Should have gone for a lot more.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Now Bhajji and Dinda take a wicket each. Raina is gone for one, trying to attack a Dinda short ball. Tanmay is still out there.

India Blue have as many as seven bowling options here. Dhoni can afford to let the filler bowlers get settled, with a total that's way beyond the reach of the Greens and at least one bowler (Trivedi) going for more than a few.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dinda has been getting some swing and bowling well. Dinda v Rahane has been a good contest so far.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Arjun 57
Pratters 22
Cricket_God 6
Manee 5
_Chandan 5

Hopefully there will be more people posting more often as the season rolls on but I am not very hopeful. :(

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Greens' batting seems to be very soft, going under five an over, and the commentators are getting critical of them. These two are merely trying to get set and bat out a big innings. But while chasing a total massive as this, does it have much value?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It is better to make a good personal high score now as the match is as good as over. No need to get critical of the players here IMO.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
India Green have given up. Score 263/9. Except, for Aniruddha and possibly Tanmay, this has been a miserable performance, as Cricinfo says. Dinda finished well with three and Bhajji with two.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Raina wasn't even padded up with 3 wickets down. So they were never really interested in chasing the target it seems.