Thread: Cricket Bats Online

School Boy/Girl Cricketer kp4captain's Avatar

Cricket Bats Online

Hi, I am on the market for a new bat. I am not a serious player and don't play for a club, but still olve the sport and love playing, but my ancient Slazenger has now had its day. I don't want to pay too much for a bat seeing as it won't be over-used, but have always liked to have a better and more stylish bat than everyone else
    Unfortunately, where i live, what little places stock bats are either too expensive or don't stock much of a range, so i will have to buy online. Just wondering if anybody can recommend some good sites that have cheap bats (Harrow, no more than about 25), but like i mentioned they have to be nice styles (e.g. Gray Nicholls, Gunn and Moore, Adidas, Kookaburra are my favourite four)

Thanks

International Debutant
    I don't imagine you'd be able to get any kind of English Willow bat for 25, and a Kashmir Willow bat will break with a hard ball.

I think the cheapest English Willow bat you'll be able to find would be around 50 and that would be something like 3rd grade willow. Though, others may know of some English sites which sell really cheap bats. Have a look around online, i'm sure there are plenty of UK cricket suppliers with sites.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer kp4captain's Avatar
    To be honest, it will mostly be used with a windball, and only occaisonaly a cricket ball, and when a cricket ball is used it will not be the quickest or most dangerous bowling.

International Debutant
    From experience (when I was a kid) it doesn't really matter how quickly a cricket ball is bowled, it will eventually break a kashmir willow bat.

Though, if you really can only spend 25 then you should be able to find a kashmir willow bat for that, it's just a matter of finding a shop or an online store which sells them. And since I don't live in the UK, I have no idea where you'd need to look.

Thread Information