• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Youth World Cup Moved to New Zealand

brockley

International Captain
Fair enough mate sad to see kenya lose it.
OZ team better this time watch out for superstar mitch marsh and joh hazelwood.:)
I think ireland has paul sterling so watch out for them.

brockley

International Captain
Kenya had an automatic spot at the world cup because they we're hosting i guess it not happening now.
Gives nz qualification for the youth cup tho :laugh:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Much prefer the worlds future cricketing stars to play on decent grounds and surfaces.

Loss for Kenyan cricket yes, but this tournament is about the players and providing the best possible facilities to facilitate an important tournament.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Much prefer the worlds future cricketing stars to play on decent grounds and surfaces.

Loss for Kenyan cricket yes, but this tournament is about the players and providing the best possible facilities to facilitate an important tournament.
true except there is a strong rumour running around that facilities were not the reals reason for the change of hosts:dry:

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
true except there is a strong rumour running around that facilities were not the reals reason for the change of hosts:dry:
We were told a long time ago that it was under scrutiny about whether it was safe to hold the tournament there.

There are a few pros and cons. Only time will tell whether it's a good move.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
We were told a long time ago that it was under scrutiny about whether it was safe to hold the tournament there.

There are a few pros and cons. Only time will tell whether it's a good move.
The excuse they gave was not safety, its that they did not think the rennovations would be complete in time.

brockley

International Captain
So whats the story android,i gather from cricinfo that their are some pretty disappoited people,no more than that.
Really the news just broke today and it was on the europe site first and cricinfo 2nd.
no mention on anything other than that kenya was unprepared.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So whats the story android,i gather from cricinfo that their are some pretty disappoited people,no more than that.
Really the news just broke today and it was on the europe site first and cricinfo 2nd.
no mention on anything other than that kenya was unprepared.
From what I know, Cricket Kenya staked a huge amount to make it happen. They put in some 250,000 USD of their own money into rennovating venues in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru. They even went as far as sending a second string team to gain experience at the Africa World Cup qualifiers as the idea was they were already qualified as hosts and the parents of alot of these kids wanted them to stay in school.

The ICC inspectors told the press and the board (probably) that they were happy with Kenya's progress, then this bombshell.

Polo23

International Debutant
I'd be interested to know what Jimmy had been told on the situation of Kenya, it doesn't seem like an overly safe place to travel to.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be interested to know what Jimmy had been told on the situation of Kenya, it doesn't seem like an overly safe place to travel to.
That's over the troubles in 2007-8 with that enourmously bungled election. Was back home over christmas and things have settled down for the moment and people are trying to pick up the pieces and move on.(Would be worried about 2012 though)