• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo All-time series "Eleven of the best"

King Pietersen

International Captain
Arthur Morris
Matthew Hayden
Don Bradman
Greg Chappell
Steve Waugh
Keith Miller
Adam Gilchrist +
Shane Warne
Dennis Lillee
Ray Lindwall
Glenn McGrath

bagapath

International Captain
i have so far voted for

arthur morris
victor trumper
don bradman
greg chappell
ricky ponting
keith miller

pasag

RTDAS
Trumper
Ponsford
Bradman
Chappell
Harvey
Miller

so far. Should have gone Ponting over Harvey but I'm sure he'll get enough votes. Was also tempted to vote in Armstrong just for the hell of it.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Matthew Hayden
Justin Langer
Sir Donald Bradman
Greg Chappell
Ricky Ponting
Keith Miller

so far.

pskov

International 12th Man
Hayden
Trumper
Bradman
Chappell, G
Ponting
Miller
Gilchrist

And I can tell you now my four bowlers will be Warne, McGrath, Lillee and Lindwall.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
am thinking of going for warne, lillee, oreilly and mcgrath since i already have miller as my third seamer in the team

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Steve Waugh # 5

I dont know how others view this. But i have always been of the opinion when picking the AUS ATXI, that Waugh @ his 90s best, is the perfect # 5. Few batsmen played this position better in test history better.

Especially if you have God & Chapell, 3 & 4. Plus Miller & Gilchrist 6 & 7. You can sacrifice the having the flare of Ponting or Harvey @ 5 for Waugh.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I dont know how others view this. But i have always been of the opinion when picking the AUS ATXI, that Waugh @ his 90s best, is the perfect # 5. Few batsmen played this position better in test history better.

Especially if you have God & Chapell, 3 & 4. Plus Miller & Gilchrist 6 & 7. You can sacrifice the having the flare of Ponting or Harvey @ 5 for Waugh.
I kinda agree with you. Waugh of the 90s was amazing and, if anything, underrated. I would, for instance, take Waugh of the 90s vs Tendulkar of the 90s. That's how good he was then.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Fire and brimstone

Have always been fascinated by the efforts McKenzie put in during the 60s, when based on all accounts had some very flat piches in the era. Would love to see some clips of him bowling.

bagapath

International Captain
went for lillee and mcgrath

morris
trumper
bradman
g.chappell
ponting
miller
gichrist +
warne
lillee
oreilly
mcgrath

-- this team cannot go too wrong.

pasag

RTDAS
Trumper
Ponsford
Bradman
Chappell
Harvey
Miller
Gilchrist
Warne
Lilliee
O'Reilly
McGrath

I don't know why we had to pick two spinners though, would have went with Lindwall over O'Reilly. Ponting unluckiest to miss out, as I said in my first post and realistically there's no reason why he shouldn't be in.

bagapath

International Captain
my guess is they may go for 4 bowlers with maximum votes and decide the fate of the allrounder or a fourth middle order bat depending on the compostion the choice of bowlers gives you.