• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Give Ponting A Bowl!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Rik said:
Considering you've only been posting for a week, a judgement such as that is as shallow as it is ill-informed.
i know that, but you wouldn't get off my back about well, anything, so i think this comment is in order.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
Cheers :)

Sorry about spelling your name wrong to :P
The major problem is it's only a nickname! And you can't get away with mis-spelling a nickname! :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
i know that, but you wouldn't get off my back about well, anything, so i think this comment is in order.
I'm not on your back, I just do not agree with a lot of the stuff you say so I reply accordingly. What I say has nothing to do with you as a person, because I do not know enough to comment on that, a similer situation to the one you find yourself in at the moment...

Whatever you say that comment had no basis other than annoyance so, no, it wasn't in order.

So Ner :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brett Lee bowled a couple of great spells in the WI series this year. One in particular that I remember was at the QP Oval. I was there and he was bowling to Lara when he was mid 70's to 80's. It was a fine pace bowling exhibition. He had Lara in all sorts of trouble, but ultimately he didn't get hime out. Unlucky IMO.

That said, Lee is over-rated.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
what does IMHO mean? (sorry to drift from the topic)
IMO - In My Opinion
IMHO - In My Honest Opinion (I guess)
AFAIK - As Far As I Know

Craig

World Traveller
I just think Lee is over rated. He is to cricket in terms of looks is to Anna Kournikova is to tennis.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Yeah Lee is slightly overated but he is still a good bowler.

He has seemingly unlimited amounts of potential but he needs to work out what sort of bowler he wants to be.

Basicly he has everything good outswinger with the new ball good inswinger with the old ball good pace great seam position and an action that would suggest he can be very accurate when he wants to be.

He has the simple problem of trying to dismis the bastman every ball.