• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Ducks in a Row

chris.hinton

International Captain
Has any off you had more then 1 duck in a row... i currently have 3 and the last two have been a second baller and a first baller.

I wonder what is the record i will perhaps beat it HAHA

Shri

Mr. Glass
27 days without scoring a run in backyard cricket after batting everyday is my record.

I always gunned it in beach cricket though.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Personally, four in a row. Under 14 in 2000.

I also recorded 10 ducks in my first 16 completed innings... it is now 16 ducks in 47 complete innings.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I had 2 in a row this season in my first 2 games of the season.. They happened to be my first 2 ducks.

My friend had a period of 5 consecutive ducks last years.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good question, my record is 2 ducks in a row. Remember the second duck was the most tentative and nervous shot ever and I spooned up a catch to a slightly 'deep' silly mid off who took a ripper of a catch.

Actually the fielder was Ryan Cullen who plays QLD Cup Rugby League.

Last edited:

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
I made a 2nd ball duck, in my very first innings of cricket, when I was caught out by my own team mate, who was substituting for the opposition - I was only 8 years old, playing in u12s. I didn't make another duck for about 4-5 years I think. I've been playing cricket for 10 years and I've made 5 ducks overall, so I'm pretty happy that I can still count them all on one hand. :)

King Pietersen's probably got the record for the most ducks I think, although he scored a 20 odd a few weeks ago. The word is, he makes Chris Martin look like Sir Donald Bradman.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I imagine there's probably someone out there who's made 29 ducks in a row somewhere. That's the great thing about cricket - no-one keeps any definitive records below First-Class level.

And no, beach\backyard hitting a ball around isn't cricket, it's just, well... hitting a ball around. To be a game of cricket there must be scorers, Umpires and eleven players on two teams.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I made 8 in 11 innings about 10 years ago. Scored four runs in the season.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Had two consecutive goldens the last time I played cricket about 5 years ago. Broke out with a thrill a minute 6 in the 3rd and final dig to avoid total embarrassment, but still had to buy a couple of rounds for my ineptitude.

Polo23

International Debutant
I've only ever had 1 in a row (though, plenty of them!). My best was probably when I edged the first ball of the innings to 1st slip, got dropped, edged the second ball to the keeper and got dropped (both relatively tough chances though). The 3rd ball was short and wide so I creamed it with a cut shot, got a little bit of a top edge but 99 times out of 100 it would have flown for 4. Somehow the guy in the gully dove horizontal, stuck out his right hand and the ball stuck. Was an action packed innings that one.

Xuhaib

International Coach
5 in 6 next game scored a 61* to share a 117 run 10th wicket partnership with a # 11 and got the team home by one wickt.:cool:

bagapath

International Captain
i clearly remember scoring some runs in three of my 20 odd innings (outings?) back in 1988. it was a summer of serious cricket between four teams in our town and we played each other regularly. i think i got close to hundred wickets with my off spin and about 10 runs in all knocks put together. 17+ ducks in one season must still be a record in our town.

andmark

International Captain
I think I take the biscuit... A year or two ago, I had 6 (probably more) ducks in a row. Many were golden, and in the sam season, I scored no runs:(

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I shared our club trophy one year for the most ducks in a season - 4. Only had one bat last season though and was not out. Before that, I only played one game a year due to work, and got a duck in the 2005/06 season.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I shared our club trophy one year for the most ducks in a season - 4. Only had one bat last season though and was not out. Before that, I only played one game a year due to work, and got a duck in the 2005/06 season.
Top innings in the 2008/09 season though.

My worst season was one where I only scored 1 run in three innings. I've told this story before here, so I won't repeat it but only 1 of those dismissals was due to my ineptitude with the bat.

I did get out first ball two seasons in the row at the same ground, facing the same bowler from the same end bowling the same delivery. A 130kmph inswinger's good enough for my wicket. I was just sorry for the guy who came in after me who forgot to put his box in and got hit in the knackers the ball after I was dismissed (in the 2nd season of the two)

King Pietersen

International Captain
I thought my effort was worse than it actually was in my first ever season of club cricket 2 years back; I started with 4 straight ducks before making a fluent 1 =] Luckily I've improved since then. Averaging 37 in league cricket this season.

King Pietersen's probably got the record for the most ducks I think, although he scored a 20 odd a few weeks ago. The word is, he makes Chris Martin look like Sir Donald Bradman.
That 20odd was Bopara-esque, but when I flicked one in the air on the on-side the fielder decided to take the catch, really could have done with a West Indian at square leg. Made 24 off about 18 balls, then made 13* off about 10 last week. This is the best batting form I've ever been in :laugh:

Last edited:

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Just made a step up to fourths adult 11 and bat number 11, rightly so apparently and have been spectacularly bowled in my last three innings for a duck, before the step up I batted six and had never got a duck before the start of this current run.