• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Sri Lanka

Xuhaib

International Coach
Squad: Younis Khan (capt), Salman Butt, Khurram Manzoor, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal (wk), Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Aamer, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rauf, Fawad Alam, Faisal Iqbal.

PCB is a joke they select a 17 yr old as a seond seamer, bowling in SL during SL will break him in to two then the back up is Abdul 'trundler' Rauf the entire load will once again be on Gul who will probably get injured by the time series end. Faisal Iqbal keeps on blowing someone in PCB and hence retains his place while Warnaria makes his grand return.

Prediting 2-0 to SL

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SL's test team postions are quite sold out IMO.

Warnapura, Paranavithana, Sangakkara, M. Jayawardane, Samaraweera, Dilshan, P. Jayawardane, Vaas, Malinga, Mendis and Murali will be the line up.

For ODI's it's less obvious. SL may field a team like this.

Jayasuriya, Dilshan, Sangakkara, Jayawardane, Matthews, Kapugedara, Mubarak, Kulasekara, Malinga, Murali and Mendis. Mubarak's or Kapugedara's place might go to either Kandamby or Maharoof.

If SLC thinks Jaya is too old and does not select him, i would open with Dilshan and Matthews.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
well i will not predict anything but Pakistan didn't have much cricket to play, so atleast they will get some match practise
SL will be favourites for the tests

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Squad: Younis Khan (capt), Salman Butt, Khurram Manzoor, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal (wk), Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Aamer, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rauf, Fawad Alam, Faisal Iqbal.

PCB is a joke they select a 17 yr old as a seond seamer, bowling in SL during SL will break him in to two then the back up is Abdul 'trundler' Rauf the entire load will once again be on Gul who will probably get injured by the time series end. Faisal Iqbal keeps on blowing someone in PCB and hence retains his place while Warnaria makes his grand return.

Prediting 2-0 to SL
don't mint but personally i don't like faisal iqbal, he along with Salman Butt, are the players who play for themselves. & i hate these type of players, no matter how good they are

Xuhaib

International Coach
don't mint but personally i don't like faisal iqbal, he along with Salman Butt, are the players who play for themselves. & i hate these type of players, no matter how good they are
The sad part is they are not even good hope Vaas plays and sends Butt back to obscurity.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Faisal Iqball will be eaten alive by Mendis the sad looser will just plonk his front foot and keep getting LBW.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
SL's test team postions are quite sold out IMO.

Warnapura, Paranavithana, Sangakkara, M. Jayawardane, Samaraweera, Dilshan, P. Jayawardane, Vaas, Malinga, Mendis and Murali will be the line up.

For ODI's it's less obvious. SL may field a team like this.

Jayasuriya, Dilshan, Sangakkara, Jayawardane, Matthews, Kapugedara, Mubarak, Kulasekara, Malinga, Murali and Mendis. Mubarak's or Kapugedara's place might go to either Kandamby or Maharoof.

If SLC thinks Jaya is too old and does not select him, i would open with Dilshan and Matthews.
Whats up with Vandort?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member

Prediting 2-0 to SL
Missed a trick by not picking Afridi as the main spinner also..

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
The sad part is they are not even good hope Vaas plays and sends Butt back to obscurity.
sometimes i really want to hit Imran Nazir on his head, if u see all the openers in domestic cricket, Imran Nazir has the best technique. But he just changed his game. It's good for t20 but for me he was a good enough test player
if he can hold on his nerves & if he learns to play longer, he can be good for Pakistan. I mean we really miss some good openers

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
o o, safe deh.
what i know, he didn't made himself available cuz he wants to pay attention on ODI'S & T20's
but for me he's better than Kaneria, Kaneria takes 5 wickets in 50 overs & give away 250 runs also, therefore Afridi could be better option, atleast if Afridi takes 5/250 in 50 overs, he 'll be better fielder & can bat too

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Whats up with Vandort?
Got dropped for the Pakistan tour, hasnt had chances to get back to form and the new openers Paravithrana and Warnapura have had just 2 innings.

Would love to see Mathews fit the number 6 role but hard to get in the team but mind you his bowling pace is higher than vass,

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can't believe I read Mubarak's name above. NO WAY would I have him near the team, he's just not talented enough.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Can't believe I read Mubarak's name above. NO WAY would I have him near the team, he's just not talented enough.
SL has to make a baalance between them & Pakistan, they don't want to white wash Pakistan. maybe that's why they are playing him

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Who would you have instead?

Indika de Saram is in good form, but 35. And Sanga and the current administration does not like him either.

Kapugedara, after umpteen chances, averages similar to Mubarak with same SR. When it comes to crunch games, Mubarak does better than Kapugedara. Chamara Silva is done already.

Now the million dollar quesion is who is his replacement with atleast equal ability with bat and in the field (Mubarak is a very good fielder)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
0-0 in a bizzarely high scoring test series after Younis Khan, MoYo, Jayawardene, Samaweera and Sangakarra combine to completely invalidate the bowlers efforts on both sides:ph34r:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Very interested to see Yousaf's return. Will be a tough return series for him.

SL the obvious favorites in Tests. I give the edge to Pakistan in ODI's.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
0-0 in a bizzarely high scoring test series after Younis Khan, MoYo, Jayawardene, Samaweera and Sangakarra combine to completely invalidate the bowlers efforts on both sides:ph34r:
Those things are quite rare on SL pitches, which offer assistance to the bowlers.