Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Pakistan in Sri Lanka

*Official* Pakistan in Sri Lanka

Squad: Younis Khan (capt), Salman Butt, Khurram Manzoor, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal (wk), Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Aamer, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rauf, Fawad Alam, Faisal Iqbal.

PCB is a joke they select a 17 yr old as a seond seamer, bowling in SL during SL will break him in to two then the back up is Abdul 'trundler' Rauf the entire load will once again be on Gul who will probably get injured by the time series end. Faisal Iqbal keeps on blowing someone in PCB and hence retains his place while Warnaria makes his grand return.

Prediting 2-0 to SL

SL's test team postions are quite sold out IMO.

Warnapura, Paranavithana, Sangakkara, M. Jayawardane, Samaraweera, Dilshan, P. Jayawardane, Vaas, Malinga, Mendis and Murali will be the line up.

For ODI's it's less obvious. SL may field a team like this.

Jayasuriya, Dilshan, Sangakkara, Jayawardane, Matthews, Kapugedara, Mubarak, Kulasekara, Malinga, Murali and Mendis. Mubarak's or Kapugedara's place might go to either Kandamby or Maharoof.

If SLC thinks Jaya is too old and does not select him, i would open with Dilshan and Matthews.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

well i will not predict anything but Pakistan didn't have much cricket to play, so atleast they will get some match practise
    SL will be favourites for the tests

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Squad: Younis Khan (capt), Salman Butt, Khurram Manzoor, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal (wk), Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Aamer, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rauf, Fawad Alam, Faisal Iqbal.

PCB is a joke they select a 17 yr old as a seond seamer, bowling in SL during SL will break him in to two then the back up is Abdul 'trundler' Rauf the entire load will once again be on Gul who will probably get injured by the time series end. Faisal Iqbal keeps on blowing someone in PCB and hence retains his place while Warnaria makes his grand return.

Prediting 2-0 to SL
    don't mint but personally i don't like faisal iqbal, he along with Salman Butt, are the players who play for themselves. & i hate these type of players, no matter how good they are

Quote Originally Posted by Naumaan View Post
    don't mint but personally i don't like faisal iqbal, he along with Salman Butt, are the players who play for themselves. & i hate these type of players, no matter how good they are
    The sad part is they are not even good hope Vaas plays and sends Butt back to obscurity.

Faisal Iqball will be eaten alive by Mendis the sad looser will just plonk his front foot and keep getting LBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    SL's test team postions are quite sold out IMO.

Warnapura, Paranavithana, Sangakkara, M. Jayawardane, Samaraweera, Dilshan, P. Jayawardane, Vaas, Malinga, Mendis and Murali will be the line up.

For ODI's it's less obvious. SL may field a team like this.

Jayasuriya, Dilshan, Sangakkara, Jayawardane, Matthews, Kapugedara, Mubarak, Kulasekara, Malinga, Murali and Mendis. Mubarak's or Kapugedara's place might go to either Kandamby or Maharoof.

If SLC thinks Jaya is too old and does not select him, i would open with Dilshan and Matthews.
    Whats up with Vandort?

Prediting 2-0 to SL
    Missed a trick by not picking Afridi as the main spinner also..

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Missed a trick by not picking Afridi as the main spinner also..
    Afridi has opted out for personal reasons.

Afridi has opted out for personal reasons.
    o o, safe deh.

The sad part is they are not even good hope Vaas plays and sends Butt back to obscurity.
    sometimes i really want to hit Imran Nazir on his head, if u see all the openers in domestic cricket, Imran Nazir has the best technique. But he just changed his game. It's good for t20 but for me he was a good enough test player
    if he can hold on his nerves & if he learns to play longer, he can be good for Pakistan. I mean we really miss some good openers

o o, safe deh.
    what i know, he didn't made himself available cuz he wants to pay attention on ODI'S & T20's
    but for me he's better than Kaneria, Kaneria takes 5 wickets in 50 overs & give away 250 runs also, therefore Afridi could be better option, atleast if Afridi takes 5/250 in 50 overs, he 'll be better fielder & can bat too

U19 Cricketer
    Whats up with Vandort?
    Got dropped for the Pakistan tour, hasnt had chances to get back to form and the new openers Paravithrana and Warnapura have had just 2 innings.

Would love to see Mathews fit the number 6 role but hard to get in the team but mind you his bowling pace is higher than vass,

Can't believe I read Mubarak's name above. NO WAY would I have him near the team, he's just not talented enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Can't believe I read Mubarak's name above. NO WAY would I have him near the team, he's just not talented enough.
    SL has to make a baalance between them & Pakistan, they don't want to white wash Pakistan. maybe that's why they are playing him

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information