• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What bat do you use?

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Well finally got round to doing the seasonal repairs on my bat this morning and I started looking round the net at what's available these days, there's a lot to say the least. I currently use a Newberry Samurai Player (couldn't afford the SPS...) and I absolutely love it to bits, so much power it's great! I think I was quite lucky as it really does seem to be an exceptionally good piece of willow, beautiful tanned colour too. Will probably replace it at the end of next season, though if I score enough runs this year I might get one in September.

I remember as a kid a Kookaburra Bubble was the bat to have (or at least it was the cool bat to have, I ended up with a Grey Nicholls Sabre) and a Newberry Mjolnir meant you were really good and really rich. Anyway what's everyone using these days? I had a go with a composite puma last season and it just seemed ridiculously good. I've heard woodworms don't last. I had an overpriced SS for a while but the damn handle snapped.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Perhaps this thread should be in the Coaching Forum or something.

To answer the thread, I have two Slazenger v389's, not Clarke's most recent one, but the one before that, and the one before that. One has casing, and is too heavy, so I don't use it, but seeing as it's the off season and I'm doing some weights I will probably be able to use it properly next season. The other is a good bat, but the handle is going on it, very slowly.

That reminds me, my older Slazenger is due for an oiling. I'll do that tomorrow.

Polo23

International Debutant
I heard those Slazenger bats were absolute pieces of garbage, though i've never used one so I wouldnt really know. Just what I heard from a couple of people.

Currently using a GN Jet 1000, one of the ones with the illegal carbon fibre handle :D It goes well, has a nice and pretty long middle which is relatively high on the blade. Good for horizontal bat shots which I like.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Currently going with a Gray Nicholls Nitro Carbon. Really nice bat, shame I haven't found the middle on it yet.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I heard those Slazenger bats were absolute pieces of garbage
Well it's not the best bat in the world but it will do me. I'm proud of my bat because my parents actually bought the good one (which handle's going, stickers coming up) and my mum used her points from something to get me it for free when she could have got herself a camera or something else.

I'm not a batsmen (but in juniors I usually bat up the order - opener sometimes but mainly 3, 4 and 5) and in seniors, a fair indication of my batting, I bat 8-11, but have batted 3 and 5 before, because I am really, really defensive, anyway we were winning, so they told me to just go out and stonewall it, which I did successfully.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Impala Redback. Absolutely the hardest hitting bat I've ever used. Heavy (around 3lbs 1oz) but geez, it spanks.