• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ISHANT SHARMA-- new-age Ajit Agarkar??!!

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Ishant Sharma seems to be in making of a new-age Ajit Agarakar.

While doing postmortem of india's death in 20-20, I feel it's time for Ishant Sharma to be kicked out of Indian T-20 team. He hasn't won even a single ODI/T-20 game for India and had bad shows in both IPL versions, but still plays all the games for India and gives oppositions easy feeds. It seems that performance is not considered for his selection, just like once it used to happen for Ajith Agarkar.

(He is boasted to be the fastest Indian bowler, but it's hard to find him touching even 140ks where as Sreesanth,Nehra and even RP do it quite frequently.)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's performed poorly in the T20s, but his test performances have been very solid and encouraging.

Ridiculous claim to say he's going to same way as Agarkar.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
First time he performs bad and already this.
It obviously seems to be a problem of extremes. India obviously doesnt have a monopoly on it but it certainly exists.

The expectations for this kid were too high early and now he gets kicked when he has been poor.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
He's only 20.

It's way too early to label him Agarkar the 2nd.

The Indian international players have played a lot of cricket over the last year or so- almost non-stop, so he's probably just drained.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indian team has had its fair share of problems and again the odd dud bloke, but this is not the problem, and more importantly, not the solution.

PhoenixFire

International Coach

The clear answer is no. Sharma looks to be a very promising talent, sounds like a cliche but I reckon he could be a pretty good test match standard bowler.

karanc

Cricket Spectator
not exactly

i would say rather giving him a tag of agarkar 2 . he should be given some time out of team T20 and possibly ODI . send him to MRF or to some gr8 bowling coach and ask him to add up few arsnel for T20 / ODI . like yorkers ,slow bouncer and varying pace without much change in bowling action ..... if he add these to his profile i think he will be a die hard player for india in T20 / ODI .

but right now please take him out of the team.

Woodster

International Captain
Has been pretty average in the T20's, but is still a very very promising bowler. Don't think it will do his development any harm should he be rested (or dropped) from the T20 side, and concentrate on the longer versions.