• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ISHANT SHARMA-- new-age Ajit Agarkar??!!

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
The clear answer is no. Sharma looks to be a very promising talent, sounds like a cliche but I reckon he could be a pretty good test match standard bowler.
He's already very good.

In India, he averages 24.83 which is a country that historically gives little assistance to seamers (and is very flat).

thierry henry

International Coach
Honestly he does nothing for me. He could end up a good bowler but that's about it.

He was probably due this thread given how over-hyped he is.

Obviously he has the tools (exceptionally tall- more like 6'6" or 6'7" than the listed 6'3"- and sharpish), but I'm yet to see that he's either exceptionally accurate, canny/clever, or that he can even maintain his pace (from what I've seen his pace/rhythm are all over the place).

masterblaster

International Captain
It's all the hair. He's been messing around with the hairstyle which has been causing him heaps of problems lately. It must be something to do with the Aerodynamics as he runs in.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Honestly he does nothing for me. He could end up a good bowler but that's about it.

Obviously he has the tools (exceptionally tall- more like 6'6" or 6'7" than the listed 6'3"- and sharpish), but I'm yet to see that he's either exceptionally accurate, canny/clever, or that he can even maintain his pace (from what I've seen his pace/rhythm are all over the place).
FFS he is just 20 name one 20 year old who could make fool out of a Ponting or a Hussey.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Agarkar obviously way better :ph34r:

Sharma sucks at T20 like no bowler of his calibre should. Will be interesting to see how much his IPL worth drops after his 3 year contract runs out.

pup11

International Coach
This is a ridiculous comparison, Sharma is one of the most talented young quicks around in world cricket and some poor T20 outing doesn't change that, though I believe, that Sharma at this stage is a far better test bowler than a limited overs cricket bowler, but he is still very young and if he keeps his focus right, then he would only improve from here on.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's all the hair. He's been messing around with the hairstyle which has been causing him heaps of problems lately. It must be something to do with the Aerodynamics as he runs in.
Just use the spiked-fringe look and be done with it FFS. All this bloody long hair rarely does any male any good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Curious as to:

a) what you have seen of him
b) which fast bowlers "do something for you"

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He is a solid Test match prospect. I'd be fine with dropping him in T20/ODI, and let him concentrate on that. That'd be ideal for me.

He's not an Agarkar though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Myself, I'd be playing him every chance I got. Dropping him is no way to make him better at bowling in T20's or ODI's, if that's the intention.

Masterblaster with the best theory on why he's not been brilliant in all forms so far. Dude, pick a 'do and stick with it!