• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations (Fresh Thread)

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

Patroclus

Banned
They found references of cricket in a belgian poem.

I read this fact today in Manorama yearbook 2010 just chck if you have it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not really.

Seeing as Australia's superior teamwork (gained from playing together for so long) meant the World XI were well beaten, I'd suspect a near record margin if they played an associate XI.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Sachin's Record under threat. Stirling on 157* in 127 balls against Canada in second ODi. 7 Overs left,.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Excellent knock from Stirling, such a pity he couldn't have stayed to the end,

thinking about it now, it must be one of the highest scores in an ODI?, well I would think 177 would be up there :)...

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
200 (Tendulkar), 194* (Anwar), 194 (Coventry), 189* (Richards), 189 (Jayasuriya), 188 (G. Kirsten), 186 (Tendulkar), 183 (Ganguly) and 181 (Richards) has been scored before IIRC

Last edited:

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
11th - Vivian Richards (WI) - 181
11th - Mathew Hayden (Aus) - 181*
12th - Paul Stirling (Ire) - 177
13th - Kapil Dev (Ind) - 175*

he is in good company there :D, mighty proud as an Irishman,

also he is nominated in the Emerging Player of the Year: Mohammad Amir (Pak), Umar Akmal (Pak), Tim Bresnan (Eng), Steven Finn (Eng), Shafiul Islam (BD), Ravindra Jadeja (Ind), Virat Kohli (Ind), Angelo Mathews (SL), Eoin Morgan (Eng), Pragyan Ojha (Ind), Tim Paine (Aus), Wayne Parnell (SA), Kemar Roach (WI), Steven Smith (Aus), Paul Stirling (Ire), David Warner (Aus),

the only player from a Non Test playing Country :)...

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I wonder wat would be Test world's reaction ( BCCI especially ) if he broke Sachin's record??? They might have forced the ICC to remove ODI status to all matches played between these teams? ha ha ha damn missed their reaction! Did anyone think abt it?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nothing. I don't get all this paranoia regarding the BCCI at times.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We do feel we're being **** on a lot in Associate Land, is all.

EDIT: WTF. Can't believe the made-up past-tense of the word 'poo' is on the filter.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
If the ICC confirms 10 Test playing nations only WC, then I wont be watching even a single match from that WC onwards until our NTP nations have a chance. Seriously wats the difference between Champions trophy n World Cup then? I want all members to make similar decision - LETS NOT WATCH 10 TEST PLAYING NATIONS CIRCUS.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Then it should be worked this way:

Afro-Asia Cup:
Group A:
South Africa (1)
Srilanka (7)
Bangladesh (9)
Afghanistan (15)
+1 Qualifier From ACC Trophy (If Req) (Read as Nepal)

Group B:
India (3)
Pakistan (5)
Zimbabwe (10)
Kenya (14)
+1 Qualifier From ACA Trophy (If Req) (Read a Namibia)

Top 2 from Each Group to play Semis & Finals.

This way even Asia Cup can be scrapped & by making it Afro-Asia Cup ever 2 years, it creates more interest, awareness, Competition & sponsorship for both the regions? Wat say?
No Test nation would be ready to play such a lengthy tournament. It will have 10+10 + 3 = 23 Matches and with 3+3+3=9 (39%) valuable matches (As defined by many not me :) ). Rather the tournament should be a 12 nation, in 20-20 Format tournament as Follows

Group A
India
Kenya
Namibia

Group B
South Africa
Afghanistan
Uganda

Group C
Sri Lanka
Zimbabwe
Nepal

Group D
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Hong Kong

Top teams qualify for Super 4 and then Finals. This way we play 3+3+3+3+6+1=19 Matches with 2+6+1=9 Interesting matches ( 47%). Here the matches between test nations would be more sought after as they will be part of Super 4.

The quality of Cricket would be very decent. All the above teams have played ODI's except Nepal. Nepal have been doing very good and by some logic they should have been playing the Asia Cup.

jashan83

U19 Captain
To develop cricket ACC has taken some good steps which ICC should imbibe
1. Rankings are based on combination of Performance of Senior, U-19 & U-16 Teams. This is done to ensure overall development of Cricket. The funding is divided based on the combined ranking

2. Secondly ACC will have Tournaments involving Non Test teams with A and U-21 teams of Test nations. ICC should form a similar 24 Nation Tournament as Follows

GROUP A
Australia A
Scotland
Afghanistan
Hong Kong

GROUP B
India A
Zimbabwe A
Netherlands
Papua New Guinea

GROUP C
Sri Lanka A
Ireland
Canada
Denmark

GROUP D
South Africa A
Bangladesh A
Kenya
Oman

GROUP E
England A
West Indies A
Namibia
Bermuda

GROUP F
Pakistan A
New Zealand A
UAE
Uganda

Top Team from each group qualifies for Super Round and then the finals. Each team plays the other 2 times to reduce the effect of one off Shock Defeats

Last edited: