• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst ever commentary moment?

cover drive man

International Captain
I remember listening to the ashes on the radio in the car and a women said "Warne isnt bowlign very fast, why's that?" Terrible for a cricket commentator.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loved Ian Botham's "Four. Don't even bother running for that." when Alastair Cook scored three against the West Indies.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Richie Benaud "Good shot" as Viv Richards tossed away the 1983 World Cup Final by being caught off a skied slog. He then augmented the moment by saying "Not so good" as the catch was taken.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tony Greig's "mail order bride" comment when they showed a wedding in a nearby park during a ODD game a few years ago must be in the Grand Final.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, was thinking of that. Re CDMs original post, maybe the commentator meant Warne was really pushing it through, ie getting up into the 90kph range?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've seen several instances of commentators saying "good shot" to something that ended in dismissal.

One of my favourites is Robin Jackman in a England-vs-Zimbabwe ODI in South Africa in 1999/2000 when Nasser Hussain hit Henry Olonga out towards long-off and Jackman responded "that's a good shot if it goes all the way but there's a man underneath it and it's out".

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any time Mark Nicholas holds a microphone.

Whenever Bill Lawry says, "Oh, that's sailing for six...oh wait, that's gone straight down his through...ha ha ha, can you believe it?"