• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your biggest six...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've only ever hit one six. As Voltman will be only too happy to confirm, I suspect, I am a batsman that prefers to bore the opposition into submission. I did hit a lovely straight drive for six over the boundary boards at Southampton Municipal. I have hit plenty of fours - generally through the square/backward square region as the only decent attacking shot I possess is the pull shot.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Well though I've hit many a six, I reckon my biggest ever shot came on sunday and it was a four. We were playing at a large club ground on a pitch right at the end of the square, so one square boundary was tiny (literally 30m max) while the other was absolutely huge, I reckon 90m minimum, I pulled a quick to deep midwicket, I (and the umpire) actually thought it was a six, but it was too far to tell and the fielder signalled 4, Never hit a ball that far before, came right out of the meat, I tend to give it a bit too much elevation when I go straight so the distances are usually just over the rope or just short. Once hit a tennis ball 60m which I was pretty chuffed with. Key is when playing the pull shot is to try and concentrate on contracting your oblique muscles while hitting, gives you massive amounts of power.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I've only ever hit one six. As Voltman will be only too happy to confirm, I suspect, I am a batsman that prefers to bore the opposition into submission.
He's the only man who has ever tried to take the general techniques of French cricket and transfer them into the mainstream game.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Am I the only one completely incredulous at little ginger Neil's claims to (a) run 100m in 11 seconds, (b) hit 93 metre sixes? Come on Neil, we've all seen your videos.
When I did I claim to run an 11-second 100? I've also pointed out several times in this thread that it was a ridiculous freak contact and I've never before come remotely close to connecting with a ball like that...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
When I did I claim to run an 11-second 100? I've also pointed out several times in this thread that it was a ridiculous freak contact and I've never before come remotely close to connecting with a ball like that...
Thats not what he said. :ph34r:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I do vaguely remember the 11s 100m claim, can't remember the thread though.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Fun little late-night topic here, motivated by me finding the middle of my bat for possibly the first and only time in my life. The riders to this are that the bowler was 11 years old, he had cleaned me out in the two preceding balls, and my shot selection all afternoon was "try to put it in the college car park", but I finally managed to get one out of the school grounds... and never mind into the car park, well over it.

Estimating the distance off Google Maps and the scale bar suggests 93 metres... it was far further than anything I've ever hit before and probably longer than anything I'll hit again.

I then realised how close I had been to smashing windscreens to pieces and setting a horrible example to impressionable children.

My paint trig puts it at closer to 100m, FWIW :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well dug! A post I never even remember making... I was timed at 12.32 last summer during form athletics by my year six class, which is a time I am happy to take - we begin the carnival of track and field for 2009 next week: I thoroughly expect to be persuaded to make another go at it, and perhaps with the aid of a little stopwatch error the "official PB" can go lower still...

Jakester1288

International Regular
I don't actually have any sixes to brag about. Except for a shot at primary school on concrete with a plastic ball.

Been within a couple of metres to the boundary before though.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was in that area anyway, hit straight and landed alongside the old building that you can see to the left of the red line.