• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Intercontinental Cup 2009-10

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Went looking for the other thread but can't find it...

It seems as though the first fixture has been announced by the ICSecrecy:
Ireland to host Kenya on July 3rd at a yet to be decided venue.
Why can't they get this organised and let ppl know what is going to happen FFS!

Anyway, will be a tough match for Kenya, especially as it looks like we will be without/have a very new coach.

Anyone got any news on other fixtures yet?

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain

Why can't they get this organised and let ppl know what is going to happen FFS!

Anyway, will be a tough match for Kenya, especially as it looks like we will be without/have a very new coach.

Anyone got any news on other fixtures yet?
No mate am waiting for so long... Dont know wats going on? May be ICC is waiting for Zimbabwe's partispation... They can start of with Intercontinental Shield in mean time i guess...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

July 3rd? 3 weeks! Crazy.

Will be a really tough match for Kenya to get anything from. I'd guess that most matches are return legs from last season - as Ireland played in Kenya last October they play at home now.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
With these games in Ireland, it'd be great to see Kenya include some of their England based players in the team such as Seren Waters and particularly Ragheb Aga.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
With these games in Ireland, it'd be great to see Kenya include some of their England based players in the team such as Seren Waters and particularly Ragheb Aga.
AWTA esp on the Raghed Aga case. Though like Ireland's county pros I suspect that he in particular will put County first.

Looks like Kenya have been caught with their pants down on that one. New coach in short notice and first up, the toughest opposition possible.

Dang ICC should really consider doing a full four year FTP type schedule fro Associates :mad2:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Stillm no official launch or announcement on anny major cricket website, despite the fixtures being out. Really this tournament must be sooo important it sells itself :ranting:

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Stillm no official launch or announcement on anny major cricket website, despite the fixtures being out. Really this tournament must be sooo important it sells itself :ranting:
ICSecrecy are too busy tied up with the $$$ of the 20-20 to worry about the Associates. Very frustrating.

Kenya's choice of coaches is apparently down to 2 if my sources are correct, but time is really running out for the new coach to spend any viable time with the team as they are due to fly out on the 25th.

Irritating also that CK have not announced the team, though they must know it as the players were getting their visas organised yesterday.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

alvarez

First Class Debutant
What a legend!

:laugh:

Apparently the Ireland Gig will be Kirsten's swansong. Pity he promised so much and prduced so little. Nonetheless I reckon some of the blame's got to sit with the players. Hopefully the new captain is a no nonesense guy that can get they meet their own standards
Down to Kamande, Collins, Odoyo, Hiren and Ouma apparently.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
still no word on tem or captain. this is ridiculous - no wonder CK has so many detractors, they make it so easy for them!

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
What a legend!

:laugh:

Apparently the Ireland Gig will be Kirsten's swansong. Pity he promised so much and prduced so little. Nonetheless I reckon some of the blame's got to sit with the players. Hopefully the new captain is a no nonesense guy that can get they meet their own standards
hard to fault either really when they are not given enough quality domestic cricket to imporove thier skills. practice matches in training are fine, but lack the intensity of competition games to develop the hard edge required.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Strange that with the matches barely a week away there is hardly any mention of Ireland's, Kenya's or Scotland's squads for their upcoming matches next week. Canada and The Netherlands have named teams, theough the Dutch side is more a development team and not specifically for the Intercontinental Cup match.

As far as i can find out Kenya will name a touring party in a few days, probably pending the result of an ongoing 3 day practice match, and Ireland are probably waiting for the conclusion of their A tame game against a Yorskshire XI

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
First game in11 hourd now

Any tipsters.

I say Scotland by an innings (bar terrible weather)