• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pontings cancelled book

brockley

International Captain
Ricky ponting was working on the captains diary for the 20/20 world cup,and had already thought of writing up a triumphant world cup win for the final chapter.
Unfortunately we exitted early and ricky ponting has cancelled writing this book.
He blamed the recession,and then said i don't understand why.

inbox24

International Debutant
LOL! Talk about arrogant. No wonder he's not a fan of many.

Firstly get the damn team and yourself right before writing a book.

pasag

RTDAS
I have the 2007 diary, have never read it and don't think I ever will. Have no idea why I bought it, might put it on ebay.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Gee, I wonder whether he was offered a publishing deal subject to winning the thing?

You know, like virtually everyone else in his position is

And now, *shock, gasp, horror* no win = no deal

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Surely the publishers cancelled the book, not Ponting. Any publisher worth their salt would have cut the idea off at the knees once the Aussies got knocked out. Sounds like another excuse for a poster to have a bash at Ponting.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ricky ponting was working on the captains diary for the 20/20 world cup,and had already thought of writing up a triumphant world cup win for the final chapter.
Unfortunately we exitted early and ricky ponting has cancelled writing this book.
He blamed the recession,and then said i don't understand why.

That logics not stopped the likes of Wayne Rooney writing enormous self celebrating epics.:laugh: