• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dutch team etc.

pako007

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yo peeps,
whats up with the dutch team, i really dislike it wait first i give my reasons. there are only 2-3 real dutch guys in the squad. all the other guys are not dutch or mixed dutch, only 4 people can sing the national anthem. winning or losing doesn`t matter to them. i especially dislike Dirk Nannes, he doesn`t love cricket he is so talented but would rather choose for skiing or that kind of thing.
what are your thoughts bout this ?

Jakester1288

International Regular
yo peeps,
Hey.

whats up with the dutch team
They are playing cricket.

there are only 2-3 real dutch guys in the squad
Yeah, this is a bit of a problem, but it's common amongst minnow countries these days.

winning or losing doesn`t matter to them
Since when?

i especially dislike Dirk Nannes, he doesn`t love cricket he is so talented but would rather choose for skiing or that kind of thing.
Do you have any evidence to back this up? I've never seen, read or heard anything about him not liking cricket, or rathering skiing, and even if he did, if his heart is in cricket and he wishes to play well, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Read above. There is obviously problems, but it happens with all countries, minnows more in particular.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The overwhelming majority of associate teams tend to be made-up of those who grew-up and learned their cricket elsewhere. Neither confined to Holland nor all that surprising.

Spreading the cricket gospel is extremely difficult, and will remain so.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
yo peeps,
whats up with the dutch team, i really dislike it wait first i give my reasons. there are only 2-3 real dutch guys in the squad.all the other guys are not dutch or mixed dutch,

1st of all. That is a comnplete falsehood. Unless off course your definition of Dutch is similar to the BNP's definition of British.

only 4 people can sing the national anthem. winning or losing doesn`t matter to them.
Unless you can or have systematically got every single one of the Dutch squad to sing the Nat anthem and they failed, i am going say this is also a complete falsehood.

i especially dislike Dirk Nannes, he doesn`t love cricket he is so talented but would rather choose for skiing or that kind of thing.
So what the hell is he doing in England playing cricket at a World Cup level. he could be on a skiing holday in NZ?

In shprt take your diatribe elsewhere:@

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Wasnt there 6 dutch-born guys in the team for the last game? Also, Ill admit I dont have an expert ear but their names all sound Dutchie so it doesnt sound like they are going too far outside the gene pool :)

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
:lol:

I like this thread. It's a refreshing different perspective on the team all of you folks love so much.

Clogwearing ****s.

pako007

1st of all. That is a comnplete falsehood. Unless off course your definition of Dutch is similar to the BNP's definition of British.
i can name you every single player and tell you he is dutch or not, you don`t just become dutch if you have a dutch passport.
Darron Reekers= not dutch new zealander i doubt he can sing the anthem
Alexei Kervezee= namibian of origin grown up in NL can sing the anthem
Bas Zuiderent= dutch pure
Peter Borren= New zealander cant speak a word of dutch
Tom de Grooth= dutch
Daan van bunge= dutch
Mudassar Bukhari= pakistani
Edgar schiferli= Dutch
Nannes= we know what he is
Ten Doeschate= SA
if you exclude players like adeel raja, muhammad Kashif, Somesh Kohli.

my point is, i am a pakistani playing in holland. my point is that there a lot of players in there who want fame not pride for the country this thing is wrong. but somehow no one is agreeing. if i play for lets say nl u-18 now i will not play with my heart for nl but will when playing for pak u-18. and about Nannes he said he didn`t want to play, but smits somehow forced him. he only plays to prove australia something if it wasn`t for the money he would be skiiing. Nannes preferred delhi daredevils above NL team, Tendoeschate prefereed essex over NL team. any1 with me eh ?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This was the team for the last game. 6 born in the Netherlands

DJ Reekers
AN Kervezee
B Zuiderent
PW Borren
RN ten Doeschate
TN de Grooth
DLS van Bunge
E Schiferli
J Smits*†
DP Nannes
PM Seelaar

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
if i play for lets say nl u-18 now i will not play with my heart for nl but will when playing for pak u-18.
I dont get that mentality. Are you a Dutch citizen?

Id play equally hard for Burkina Faso U18s (example) as for England U18s if it was in a World Cup.

Postmanpat

Cricket Spectator
yo peeps,
whats up with the dutch team, i really dislike it wait first i give my reasons. there are only 2-3 real dutch guys in the squad. all the other guys are not dutch or mixed dutch, only 4 people can sing the national anthem. winning or losing doesn`t matter to them. i especially dislike Dirk Nannes, he doesn`t love cricket he is so talented but would rather choose for skiing or that kind of thing.
Get out.

pako007

First I've heard of that. I wonder how that would've worked exactly?
Yeah the dutch board asked Nannes to play, he first rejected it. then Jeroen Smits talked to him and said he had to pay holland back, coz he played for middlesex with a dutch passport so Nannes agreed he had to do something back for NL. in his back mind he wanted to show australia what they missed.

and bout playing for NL u-18 is will play my full 100% if i make it, but i mean if we loose like what u-18 nl does i wont be that dissapointed.

if pakistan loses i really have a bad day, but not the same case if holland loses.

pako007

Edit: Oh, and Peter Borren speaks Dutch fluently.
a bit odd, i had a match against VRA u-18 last year he was there coaching them, and talked to him in dutch i dont know if he understood it, but he certainly didn`t talk back in dutch. we continued the conversation in english. he learned to speak dutch fluently in 1 year ?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a bit odd, i had a match against VRA u-18 last year he was there coaching them, and talked to him in dutch i dont know if he understood it, but he certainly didn`t talk back in dutch. we continued the conversation in english. he learned to speak dutch fluently in 1 year ?
He might have been ignoring you.

I understand he's very bright.