• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could have any player in the world for your club side who would it be and why

bagapath

International Captain
miller is supposed to have drunk the whole night to celebrate the birth of one of his children, turned up at the ground without sleeping a wink and bowled out the oppsition in two hours taking 7 for 27. if he could teach how to do that to us, it would be awesome

okay.............. if you insist on a fit/still-capable-of-playing cricketer i'd go for sean pollock

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Flintoff as he'd win games single handedly in my league.
People like Tendulkar would set a massive score but our bowlers would still somehow let the opposition chase it down :P

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Mendis. Seriously, can you imagine village batsmen trying to pick Mendis? He's opening the bowling, taking 10 for 0, then the game is over when we score one run.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha yeah Mendis would be gun. Would love to have Ponting, reckon he just wouldn't ever get out. Though......

AB de Villiers. Just a king of a bloke all-round. Would slaughter any bowling attack, can keep/field like a gun, probably can bowl rapid as well. Seems like a top bloke as well.

Demon43

Cricket Spectator
Jesse Ryder Bats like a gun bowls medium pace and drinks like a fish he is they player i wanna be

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Andy Bichel. He'd still run through club sides, but he's also an awesome bloke and obviously knows how to mix drinks pretty well too.

mufc_1818

Cricket Spectator
chris martin was pro for woodhouses few years before playin for nz he didnt take any wickets and didnt score any runs

Joe Ninety

School Boy/Girl Captain
Andy Bichel. He'd still run through club sides, but he's also an awesome bloke and obviously knows how to mix drinks pretty well too.
Dang beat me to it. I also reckon Haydos walking out to bat in a club team would send shivers around the ground.

andmark

International Captain
Agree totally. Shane Warne is a must!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
The thread title has in it "Any player in the world". I chose one of the best ever which and it is my right to choose him. (No one bring up my political beliefs please.)

Last edited:

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
No one for Albie? Easily good enough to run through a club side now and then and his hitting would be great fun. Guessing Jayasuriya wouldn't be a bad bet either. Depends what sort of club you play for regarding the drinking stakes, my club's pretty strict and professional, don't think they'd put up with too much regardless of ability especially when they'd be paying through their nose for one of these players. You want a guy who knows how to have fun, but not someone who's a drunken buffoon. Bichel ain't a bad choice at all.

But remember having this type of player in your side is probably going to limit your opportunities, also each time you won the opposition would be like, yeah, whatever, you had an international in your side...

Last edited: