• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW in the Sunday Star Times

pasag

RTDAS
With many thanks to Voltman for finding this:

Batsman, wicketkeeper, writer, scientist, designer ... there's more to Peter McGlashan than meets the eye.

As a wicketkeeper, he's pushing Brendon McCullum in the New Zealand Twenty20 cricket side.

As a batsman, his unique style is earning him a reputation as a go-to man when you need runs in a hurry.

As a designer, he has made his mark with his own wicketkeeping mask, which resembles the one worn by baseball catchers, and is working on batting gloves with manufacturer Aero.

With a degree in biomechanics, he has had input into a cricket shoe made by Nike.

As a writer? Well, let's say, blogger extraordinaire Iain O'Brien has a real rival in this New Zealand teammate.

Without being disrespectful to O'Brien, it's fair to say McGlashan's blog on cricketweb.net is of a higher intellectual order. A recent post references Albert Einstein, Thomas Alva Edison and Leonardo da Vinci
McGlashan brings invention to Black Caps | Stuff.co.nz

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Great publicity, shows you what a great move it was to get some pro-cricketers writing for the site.

Craig

World Traveller
Last year it was the Indepedent, last night Burgey and a couple of others were quoted in the online version of The Times and now the Sunday Star Times. Heck I think we have been quoted in Syndey's Daily Telegraph. Shows the quality of posters we have on here and indeed the quality of the website and forum to have this much exposure.

Well done James, Peter McGlashan and the CW team :)

Matt79

Global Moderator
lol at Burgey, Noble One and JimmyGS getting a guernsey in The Times! That's awesome. Although Jimmy would be unimpressed being described as an Aussie?

Wish I'd said something wittier than " :laugh: "

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Stoked to be getting a mention in The Times. All the more impressed as I posted whilst hungover.

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah pretty good site this...... only come on here when the cricket in on.
Best part about the site apart from knowledgeable posters.... forums are quite mature not so much bitching around.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Without being disrespectful to O'Brien, it's fair to say McGlashan's blog on cricketweb.net is of a higher intellectual order.
Very fair call. O'Brien's blog floats around simple most of the time, occasionally dipping down to cringe-inducing.

lol at Burgey, Noble One and JimmyGS getting a guernsey in The Times! That's awesome. Although Jimmy would be unimpressed being described as an Aussie?

Wish I'd said something wittier than " :laugh: "
What's all this about?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
You got quoted in the Sunday Times over here as a 'blogger down under' after the England v Netherlands game.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That really fails to capture Burgey's real spirit. Where were the drunken misspellings and rants about England's use of mints? That's what I want to see in the Times.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That really fails to capture Burgey's real spirit. Where were the drunken misspellings and rants about England's use of mints? That's what I want to see in the Times.
Was too early in the morning, and I'm saving myself for the Ashes (as, apparently, are Australia).....