• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yasir Arafat

Smith

Banned
His teamwise bowling performances are no short of brilliant in First class cricket.

Code:
Team		Balls	Mdns	Runs	Wkts	BB	Ave	5wI	10wM
Federal Areas	1360	30	875	18	5-97	48.61	1	0
Kent		3339	106	1987	65	6-86	30.56	2	0
KRL		7926	247	4422	217	9-35	20.37	17	3
NBP		1020	31	534	18	4-70	29.66	0	0
Pakistan	627	12	438	9	5-161	48.66	1	0
Pakistan A	883	40	370	20	5-76	18.50	1	0
PCBPatron's XI	144	4	83	4	2-40	20.75	0	0
PCB XI		168	7	53	5	3-17	10.60	0	0
Pakistan Reserv	846	27	453	21	6-53	21.57	1	0
Rawalpindi	7289	216	4243	198	7-102	21.42	11	2
Sussex		1627	48	1019	41	5-84	24.85	2	0
Somehow he's never really made it up to the International level.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan's domestic wickets are very seamer friendly, but tbh, he has played well in the Tests in which I have seen him bowl. I recall him taking five against India on a very flat wicket with, what I thought, was a comparitively exceptional spell.

Smith

Banned
Pakistan's domestic wickets are very seamer friendly, but tbh, he has played well in the Tests in which I have seen him bowl. I recall him taking five against India on a very flat wicket with, what I thought, was a comparitively exceptional spell.
He had to bowl a few on featherbeds as well in test cricket.

But look at his record in county cricket as well. Add his useful lower order batting too.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Some his pace is gone. I remember when i first saw himvs ENG in 05 when he yorked Flintoff in an ODI with a 90mph delivery. But eveytime i catch a county game with Essex on TV, i see a different bowler.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never really thought all that much of Yasir Arafat TBH. I mean, he's certainly not hopeless but seems the typical Pakistani seamer who isn't quite disciplined enough to achieve sustained Test success - a few too many no-balls and a few too many four balls.

Essentially the next Mohammad Akram.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Some his pace is gone. I remember when i first saw himvs ENG in 05 when he yorked Flintoff in an ODI with a 90mph delivery. But eveytime i catch a county game with Essex on TV, i see a different bowler.
He does occasionally crank it up to around 90mph, but only rarely.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i never liked him, simply cuz he bowls too short & outside the leg stump
he looks good, but he just doesn't bowl well, i 've no idea why?????
But i did like his batting yesterday
he should be prefered in this twenty20 championship over Fawad Alam & Rao Iftikhar, but captain must not bowl him more than a couple of overs
his overs can be shared by Malik
but i'm happy to see a pakistani being discussed ;)

Naumaan

First Class Debutant

Yeah PCB always looks in hurry to finish first class tournament & the make grassy pitches for domestic first class matches, yet our batsmen dance against swinging ball

chris jones

Cricket Spectator
Playing with international players is always different from Domestic cricket.

Real test comes only when bowling against them .

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I dunno, I tend to find it comes with batting against them as well TBH.
in case of Pakistan, batsmen can't say they 'll get experience by playing against international fast bowlers, cuz there are as good fast bowlers in domestic cricket as there can be in international cricket

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Never really thought all that much of Yasir Arafat TBH. I mean, he's certainly not hopeless but seems the typical Pakistani seamer who isn't quite disciplined enough to achieve sustained Test success - a few too many no-balls and a few too many four balls.

Essentially the next Mohammad Akram.
I think he's a bit better than Akram personally. Slingy action, finds the block-hole well, swings it early doors... ideal county seamer in various conditions, but not quite up to international cricket.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Never really saw him as worthy of a Test selection but he did surprise in India a bit. I still can't see him being a consistent performer at the highest level. I remember that Flintoff delivery in 05 and I've never really seen him repeat that since.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Few bowlers of his height rarely succeed at international level without having some unique ability. His slingy action does assist him, but does look a little short of Test class.

Useful back-up bowler to have. Becoming old by Pakistan standards (27), opportunities at the highest level may disappear soon.

Xuhaib

International Coach
A good reserve option nothing more then that though one good thing about him is he is a hard worker.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Well, he did take a 5-fer on a road, but at a massive cost.

I wasn't that impressed of what I saw of him during the ODI series versus Australia. He strayed on the legside too often and tended to bowl a touch too short. He does have stellar FC and List A records, though.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Well, he did take a 5-fer on a road, but at a massive cost.

I wasn't that impressed of what I saw of him during the ODI series versus Australia. He strayed on the legside too often and tended to bowl a touch too short. He does have stellar FC and List A records, though.
yeah, 2 exact words for his bowling, SHORT & ON LEGS

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think he's a bit better than Akram personally. Slingy action, finds the block-hole well, swings it early doors... ideal county seamer in various conditions, but not quite up to international cricket.
TBH that was exactly what I thought of Mohammad Akram really... ideal county seamer in various conditions, but not quite up to international cricket. Obviously his methods were completely different to Yasir's (much taller and bowled typically a much shorter length) but I'd say neither of them were up to international cricket but had plenty to offer their counties (and, if domestic cricket in Pakistan was well-organised, their teams there).