• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symonds: Gawn?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Sutherland to hold a press conference soon about Symonds, with talk that he's been involved in another misdemeanour.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Symonds heading home?

Could well be a thread on this already, but this story does not look good for Australia or Symonds

Australia's captain Ricky Ponting and Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland are due to make an announcement in the next hour in regard to the controversial allrounder Andrew Symonds.

Symonds was a notable absentee at Australia's training session at The Oval on Thursday, prompting speculation that he could be heading home.

Cricket Australia has issued separate press releases stating that Ponting and Sutherland will address simultaneous media conferences in London and Melbourne "to discuss a player-related issue".

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I am going to give Symonds the benefit of the doubt right now and hope that this is nothing bad.

If not, I think it has to be over for Symonds, forever.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mentioned on a news update, and then went to cricinfo where the article that andyc has posted (and I've merged into this thread) was the top story.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Could be to launch a new sponsor!

Would certainly a good stunt to get some media coverage.

Dire though that they'd issue a statement like that then keep us guessing.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't want to say too much until we know what happened, but he's a very silly boy if he's done something to get sent home again. Guess we'll know in 45 mins.