• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symonds: Gawn?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"In isolation, the breaches that I am talking about are not serious, but in the scheme of things, in the scheme of history, they are enough for it to be the final straw."

So he did **** all and has been sent home

Havent we been down this road before?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Lol. Brayshaw taking the long handle to Roy on TFS. Fair point though.

CA reportedly asking permission to replace him, but obviously will need ICC agreement.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol. Brayshaw taking the long handle to Roy on TFS. Fair point though.

CA reportedly asking permission to replace him, but obviously will need ICC agreement.
They let Scotland replace Blain after his walk-out so i think they'll give CA a replacement.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not like Symonds can really be surprised though - he's had plenty of fair warning to stay off the grog or he'd be gone.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually quite shocked he's done this again. I thought picking him for the T20WC was actually a reasonable move because it's a short tour.

I think the Aussies will get a replacement, as Scotland were allowed one for their player who was suspended/walked out.

Although, there is no replacement who can balance the side in the same way as Symonds, they could bring in Haurtiz to the XI and move Hopes up to 7.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I think the Aussies will get a replacement, as Scotland were allowed one for their player who was suspended/walked out.

Although, there is no replacement who can balance the side in the same way as Symonds, they could bring in Haurtiz to the XI and move Hopes up to 7.
I really think Hodge would be best.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shouldnt allow a replacement IMO

He's fit, available but CA made the call to dispense with his services so now they have to pay the price

Smith

Banned
Thank heavens stars moons this guy was not in the Test squad for the Ashes. Would have been doubly embarrassing as well as a psychological blow for the Aussies.

BTW any specifics about the reasons he's sent home?

Anyway MacDonald > Symonds. :happy:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I guess symonds 'll be thinking " i'm no less than Shoaib Akhter, if he can be emberesment for his country, why can't i?"
it'll be a shock for Australian cricket team, they were looking good
but best of luck to them

Athlai

Not Terrible
I guess symonds 'll be thinking " i'm no less than Shoaib Akhter, if he can be emberesment for his country, why can't i?"
it'll be a shock for Australian cricket team, they were looking good
but best of luck to them
You are by far the best new Pakistani member on this forum in a long while. Good stuff.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You've got to be joking. It's gotta be the most consistent stupid crap since precam.
Na gives every team a fair go, gotta love the attitude.

Also where the ****ing hell did you come from you haven't been posting at all and you pop up at 1am. :ph34r: