• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flintoff's bizzare anti immigration rant

Athlai

Not Terrible
Did he even say anything wrong? A hotel not speaking English in England is pretty poor, and the rap comment seems entirely unrelated.

Trying to make something out of nothing.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
He has done nothing wrong.

It is BARE MINIMUM if you work in a foreign country to speak the ****ing language.

Having said that, Flintoff doesn't speak English too well either. :p

Fusion

Global Moderator
I think blaming rising violence on rap music is rather stupid, but other than that there’s nothing wrong with his statements. The article is obviously trying to stir up controversy where none exists.

stumpski

International Captain
There have probably just been one or two incidents where hotel receptionists have had trouble deciphering his accent. I doubt very much that they couldn't speak English. Storm in teacup stuff anyway, but maybe Flintoff's made more out of it than was really the case.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
May well be a storm in a teacup. But the phrase that will be repeated is "“I have no problems with a multicultural society, I think that is to the benefit of the country. But you have to be careful what levels you take it to." And that on its own could well prove problematic for him.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff is an illiterate Idiot,he continues to prove that with his actions and words. Good that they took away England's captaincy from him. He doesn't know what multicultural society means.

stumpski

International Captain
May well be a storm in a teacup. But the phrase that will be repeated is "“I have no problems with a multicultural society, I think that is to the benefit of the country. But you have to be careful what levels you take it to." And that on its own could well prove problematic for him.
Yes, it would certainly have been better if he hadn't prefaced his remarks with that comment.

Especially with the BNP predicted to do well in forthcoming elections.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well considering the context, by multicultural 'levels' he was referring to languages of businesses.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, it would certainly have been better if he hadn't prefaced his remarks with that comment.

Especially with the BNP predicted to do well in forthcoming elections.
Yes, immigration and the whole 'British jobs for British people' tag-line the BNP are using for the election tomorrow means that this is a very hot topic at the moment.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It is BARE MINIMUM if you work in a foreign country to speak the ****ing language.
In that case it should be made a requirement/pre-requisites by the government before they issue a work visa (assuming that the person working is there so legally)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Flintoff is an illiterate Idiot,he continues to prove that with his actions and words. Good that they took away England's captaincy from him. He doesn't know what multicultural society means.
You would be in here shouting the odds wouldn't you? He doesn't know what a multicultural society means? What a crock of ****. How ironic that you call someone illiterate and then capitalise a word that isn't a proper noun straight after. And how he proves himself illiterate with his actions is beyond me, 8-)

Freddie has said absolutely nothing wrong. The fact that this is even in the paper is a joke, don't expect **** like this in the Telegraph either.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Did Flintoff know Tamil before he took his Job with Chennai Superkings ? It is like cherry picking the multicultural thing. I have no problem if you speak my language. Today it is language, tomorrow it will be something else.