• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh my! Never seen this before!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I always remember the game when Kapil hit a bird while batting in Australia and killed it.

He was quite shaken and wanted some water to do the Hindu religious rites after unintentionally killilng another living thing...

Allan Border graciously told him to **** off and refused him water.......

I still think the guy is a douche bag of the worst kind because of incidents like that. It is one thing to be and play tough but this was plain arrogant and stupid.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Thread about ball hitting bird, random Anti-Australian post follows soon after

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Depending on culture, this could be either hilarious or quite unpleasant.

For me, hilarious. I love the crowd reaction. :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I seem to recall someone hitting one against Sri Lanka in the 2002 Natwest Series (Tendulkar?) and all the Sri Lankans being very concerned because of their Buddhist beliefs.
Yup - was the final, dead, group game, where Tendulkar made a masterful century, and hit a pigeon (which are always in considerable number at The Oval, where that game was staged) with one of his classical cut strokes. That particular one recovered, however.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Happened in a game I was playing once. Batsman hit a boundary, and collected a bird sitting just on the edge of the rope. We just took it off the field and kept on going.
Happened in a game I was playing with a dog TBH. Naturally, owner was devastated. Was serious consideration of abandoning the game.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Seen it happen in a Pura Cup game for Victoria in 2002 at the MCG.

Big flock of seagulls lining the MCG outfield as is usual late in the afternoon. Ball hit hard along the ground towards mid-wicket, most birds scattered, one poor bird wasn't so lucky.

Bird was stunned, but survived; much to the cheers of the 100 strong crowd.