• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have you done a tour of Lord's?

Have you done a tour of Lord's?

• Total voters

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Based on posts in another thread, have you ever done the tour of Lord's?

If so what did you think?

If not, do you plan to at anytime in the future?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played there once for 2 lost teeth and a winner's trophy

Watched a couple of games for a couple of hangovers

Never done the tour though

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't but I know some people who did who came from India and wanted a look round. They thought it was great.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The tour was special, it really was. I will have to do it again at some point though as I never got to go in the long room.

Me and the missus were the only English people on the tour; there were a couple of Aussies and the rest were by and large from India or Pakistan.

Bloody tube to St John's Wood was off the day I went :@

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The tour was special, it really was. I will have to do it again at some point though as I never got to go in the long room.

Me and the missus were the only English people on the tour; there were a couple of Aussies and the rest were by and large from India or Pakistan.

Bloody tube to St John's Wood was off the day I went :@
Interestingly there were no Asian people on my tour. All Aussies and a couple of Kiwis.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I definitely plan to take a tour of Lord's when I visit England. The ground has such cricket heritage, it will be a pleasure going to it.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Have done it and would do it again - it's very special, you can just feel the history in virtually every room and every part of the ground. Absolutely loved it.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Did it last year, when we were down playing in a festival near London and we had a wash out. It was a bit last minute and we were pushed for time and in a big group so it wasn't as good as it could have been. Plus because the England v South Africa Test was due to start two days later, we couldn't go in the pavilion at all or in the main bit of the media centre because the hacks were working away. On the plus side, we saw the England players in the nets and the likes of Pietersen, Strauss, Collingwood and Panesar walking around.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Have done it and would do it again - it's very special, you can just feel the history in virtually every room and every part of the ground. Absolutely loved it.
Sums up my feelings exactly.

In fact I've done it twice. Once for my 30th birthday with Mrs Z, and again a few weeks ago when a friend bought me "a day with Goochie" which included a tour. The Gooch tour was even better than the first because we got to see the England dressing room and he could point out where all the England players used to sit, and we also got to go out to the middle and to see the pitch on which he got his 333 in 1990.

GG got into an argument with the Lord's museum staff about why they weren't displaying the bat with which he got his 333 - "if it's not wanted, I'll take it back" - he emerged a few minutes later clasping said willow under his arm with a deeply pissed off expression on his face.

GG was a great bloke actually - very easy to talk to, a really nice chap. He had a great line about batting with Boycs, probably well-rehearsed: "Run-outs are often a case of Yes - No - Sorry. It was often like that with Boycs, except that he never said Sorry".

pskov

International 12th Man
Quite surprised I am the first to vote for the second option. I think I've seen 4 or 5 matches of various types at Lord's over the last couple of years but never really thought to take the tour. Didn't realise it was so highly recommended.

stumpski

International Captain
Quite surprised I am the first to vote for the second option. I think I've seen 4 or 5 matches of various types at Lord's over the last couple of years but never really thought to take the tour. Didn't realise it was so highly recommended.
And I'm the second. Seen loads of matches at Lord's in the past and been signed into the pavilion on most of those occasions (when properly attired, obviously). I don't know what parts of the ground the tour takes in that members and guests can't see - the players' changing areas I suppose, and the media centre.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Went Thursday morning after watching Kent v Middlesex the night before. Arrived 20 minutes after the tour had already started so caught up with them in the Long room. The tour guide was fantastic and had a bit of negative stuff to say about T20 cricket which was funny. He was very knowledgeable as well which was a bonus. Snuck the camera in and took a picture of Trumper's bat. Loved the museum in fact. Will do it again if I ever make it back to London, hopefully even watch a Test match.

Attachments

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How did you manage that in the museum? Got loads of pics on the rest of the tour but they watched me like a hawk in there

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
How did you manage that in the museum? Got loads of pics on the rest of the tour but they watched me like a hawk in there
I went back after the tour. Still had the sticker on me so I was basically allowed to stay at the museum until they closed since I had already paid once.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Went in 2003, loved it.

Our guide had played against Keith Miller and some other touring sides in the 1950s - terrific bloke.

irfan

State Captain
Thought the tour was fantastic, great tour guide as well he had an exceptional knowledge and passion for the game. Recommend it for those who are a little unsure about whether or not to go

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I got pics in the museum in 2002 when I was there watching England vs Sri Lanka. Spent most of my day wandering around as I didn't care about either team in the cricket. Was a good day.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I took pics in the museum as well. Ashes urn etc

Im amazed so many people have been. I recommend it also.