• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clive Rice

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am ready to pay a lot more to get my hands on a copy of "10 for 66 and all that", "Brightly fades the Don" and "Farewell to cricket". can you give me some pointers, please?
You live in India, right. I must warn you the postage will often cost more than the books.

By the way, if you want I can send you some cricket books from my collection.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am ready to pay a lot more to get my hands on a copy of "10 for 66 and all that", "Brightly fades the Don" and "Farewell to cricket". can you give me some pointers, please?
Okay, you can get them at these prices

1. Brightly Fades the Don
    • (paperback) $ 6.83
    • (hardcover) $ 8.14
  2. Farewell To Cricket
    • (paperback) : $ 1.00
    • (hardcover) : $ 3.33
  3. 10 for 66 and all that (hardcover) : $ 13.66
PLUS postage

bagapath

International Captain
Okay, you can get them at these prices

1. Brightly Fades the Don
    • (paperback) $ 6.83
    • (hardcover) $ 8.14
  2. Farewell To Cricket
    • (paperback) : $ 1.00
    • (hardcover) : $ 3.33
  3. 10 for 66 and all that (hardcover) : $ 13.66
PLUS postage
wow, i would like hardcover copies of all three. where are they available? i can pay right away if they can deliver to india. i live in chennai. thanks so much for doing this. since you are saying this, i assume the site or vendors you are talking about are quite reliable.

you had said you would give me your books. thanks once again for that. but i dont want to trouble you. i will feel very guilty borrowing anything from anyone leave alone taking cricket books from a true cricket fan. of course, if you ever (i repeat, ever) decide to sell off any of your cricket books please let me know. it is much easier for me that way. chennai and mumbai are the same for me in my profession.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
What a tragedy that a cricket lover should ask this question about one of the finest all rounders the game has seen and who played not all that long ago really. This is exactly my problem with our preoccupation with stats (of international contests) to all else in our understanding of cricketers before our times. I wish cricket fans would invest a fraction of the time they spend on sites on the internet (which surely they do because they love the game) to read about the greats of bygone eras and the rewards will be much greater than they can imagine.
Just a tad condescending. Judging by GingerFurball's post, he was pretty sure it referred to Mike Procter, but he probably just misspelt Procter (as he appears to have done in the post) when he searched it.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
wow, i would like hardcover copies of all three. where are they available? i can pay right away if they can deliver to india. i live in chennai. thanks so much for doing this. since you are saying this, i assume the site or vendors you are talking about are quite reliable.

you had said you would give me your books. thanks once again for that. but i dont want to trouble you. i will feel very guilty borrowing anything from anyone leave alone taking cricket books from a true cricket fan. of course, if you ever (i repeat, ever) decide to sell off any of your cricket books please let me know. it is much easier for me that way. chennai and mumbai are the same for me in my profession.

Its no problem regarding my books. I have some duplicates. Mostly because I may have bought some in paperback form and later bought the hardback version. Its a pleasure for me if someone gets to read them, really. What will I do with two of the same book :)

I keep looking for genuine cricket lovers and give a few every now and then. If they are in India it is best for then I do not have to pay too much postage :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Just a tad condescending. Judging by GingerFurball's post, he was pretty sure it referred to Mike Procter, but he probably just misspelt Procter (as he appears to have done in the post) when he searched it.
I am really sorry if it comes out like that because that wasnt 'my intention. I genuinely thought the poster hadn't heard of Proctor and it does appear to be like that from his posts.

I am also not surprised.

I emember when Sehwag and Dravid were approaching the (then) world record partnership of 413 held by Mankad and Pankaj Roy and the reporter found out that Sehwag wasn't aware of the Indian pair and the record they held for almost exactly half a century (to the week). This when Sehwag was already an established Test opener for India with 11 Test centuries including a triple and had already been involved in two firstwicket partnerships of 200 and more.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Was going off SJS' spelling in his post. No wonder cricinfo came up blank. :p

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I am really sorry if it comes out like that because that wasnt 'my intention. I genuinely thought the poster hadn't heard of Proctor and it does appear to be like that from his posts.
I had, the reason I asked was because after looking at Clive Rice's bio on cricinfo, I wanted to look at Procter's, I search "Mike Proctor" and the search came up blank, so I was asking around incase I was getting Mike Procter confused with someone else, someone who was perhaps even greater that had slipped under my radar.