• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricinfo Design

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Just posting this to be the first to say that we'll look back at this in six months and wonder how we ever coped with the previous design.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I was really used to the old one, so right now it seems jumbled and I don't know where to go for things. It looks better though, and I'm sure I'll like it more once I get used to it.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I know everyone always hates change, but I already don't think the player profiles are an improvement, difficult to read the stats.

Natman20

International Debutant
reading scorecards is a pain. They have spli the two innings. So once you go into the full scorecard page you are taken to the second innings automatically and have to click elsewhere to go to the first.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
what annoys me are the drop down menus on the front page, grey text on a grey background, broken up by orange writing and another black background...genius.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just posting this to be the first to say that we'll look back at this in six months and wonder how we ever coped with the previous design.
Rather disappointed you didn't bump this thread TBH. For starters, you're one relatively few who should remember it.

Anyway haven't looked that far so far but what I have seen seems to be marginally more awkward. I'll not be best pleased if other things are more awkward, but I guess I'll get used to it as usually happens and it'll be tolerable at such a time.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
The scorecards looking ****ing horrible - so much like those ad-ridden Indian sites like cricbuzz and the likes. Player profiles also look bad.

The site has gone from quite classy looking to tacky.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Neil on this one, looks fantastic and better organised. I do think there are plenty of questions regarding its appropriateness for those with text-readers (disabled people, etc.).

pskov

International 12th Man
+ Front page better organised and clearer
+ Drop down menus rather than an unwieldy side bar
+ Wicket descriptions linked to scorecards

- Player profiles are harder to read
- Scorecards look worse, too much blue!