• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricinfo Design

FBU

International Debutant
In the last week I have found that going into Cricinfo causes my pc to crash. Any ideas of what I can do will be appreciated.

bullseye

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cricinfo looks bettter now.They have shifted the tabs from Vertical to horizontal position which is easier for human eye to locate. The search utility is now positioned at the right hand corner which is easier to locate and retrieval is lot better.

Overall looks pretty neat and handy. Good job.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricinfo redirects

Does anyone find the current Cricinfo URLs very complicated ? Are those highly coded URLs a strain on your memory? Do you keep written (or typed) copies at hand to access the pages? I have found at least three easy redirections for specific sites on Cricinfo, but most pages don't have an easy redirect. Maybe you've made some tinyURLs, but I'd like those official redirects first. Type the string after "cricinfo.com" to get there.
  • Ashes 2009 (or the next): Type "/ashes".
  • Indian Premier League: Type "/ipl"
  • Sachin at 20 (a Sachin Tendulkar site): Type "/tendulkar".
I tried India, Dravid, as well as some other series/country codes and names, but got a 404.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Does anyone find the current Cricinfo URLs very complicated ? Are those highly coded URLs a strain on your memory? Do you keep written (or typed) copies at hand to access the pages? I have found at least three easy redirections for specific sites on Cricinfo, but most pages don't have an easy redirect. Maybe you've made some tinyURLs, but I'd like those official redirects first. Type the string after "cricinfo.com" to get there.
  • Ashes 2009 (or the next): Type "/ashes".
  • Indian Premier League: Type "/ipl"
  • Sachin at 20 (a Sachin Tendulkar site): Type "/tendulkar".
I tried India, Dravid, as well as some other series/country codes and names, but got a 404.
Lol never realised they had a full site dedicated to Sachin. Meh, just follow links from the front page, suspects everyone else does the same. If it's an issue just bookmark the pages.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol never realised they had a full site dedicated to Sachin. Meh, just follow links from the front page, suspects everyone else does the same. If it's an issue just bookmark the pages.
I'd still prefer something like "link_to_database/NATIONAL/IND" or "db/NATIONAL/IND" as against something like "content/current/team/6.htm" or whatever. In fact, I often remembered most of those links and typed them from memory, but this is way too tight.

Taking that into account, those tiny redirects are very useful.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I find it amusing that however many months post-redesign it is, there's still plenty of possible ways you can get the old-school design.