• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricinfo Design

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I personally think its pretty good. The Cricinfo site has a ridiculously amount of content, and most people don't even realise what's available.

The menu bar at the top is a must nowadays, and its about time Cricinfo realised.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I dont like it but it is no where near as bad as ESPN. Their redesign was a disaster.

Im sure we will all get used to the new look but the player profiles appear terrible. The colours look decent though.

jondavluc

State Regular
terrible, not enough contrast.
A touch more black would have done the cricinfo page wonders.

I personally think its pretty good. The Cricinfo site has a ridiculously amount of content, and most people don't even realise what's available.

The menu bar at the top is a must nowadays, and its about time Cricinfo realised.
Yeah that was the biggest improvement for me .

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I quite like it. Very easy to navigate between pages, find that pages load quicker too.

The player profile page I don't mind. Is quite simplified, and to tell the truth since the introduction of T20 statistics I have always had trouble having a quick glance at a players record.

Craig

World Traveller
Took a while to load, or maybe it was my internet connection. But otherwise it is fine.

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
it's data intensive also, specially for those who visit it from mobile phone ( Like Me)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Like having the scores on the front page and the menu bar at the top. Get stack overflows when i look at scorecards. Stats on player profiles aren't formatted great. They need to find a way to make the important stats (eg Average) stand out...maybe have a rollover on the left so if you rollover FC in the batting part it would come up 5600 runs at 46.15 or something.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I seem to get errors a lot when I look at scorecards, but I presume they'll sort that out. It's also noticably slower (although not problematically).

The layout is a lot better with the bar at the top. And the site looks reasonable if you scroll down so you don't see the banner advert at the top.

Have to say, I hate the 'black box' though. Puts me in mind of the new BBC Formula-1 site, which is also black when none of their other pages are. Just looks weird to me.

The most annoying thing is that when you're one one scorecard, if you go to look at 'other live matches' it pops up a new window instead of just allowing you to navigate to a new match. This is rubbish, and especially annoying if you're trying to be discreet at work!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I seem to get errors a lot when I look at scorecards, but I presume they'll sort that out. It's also noticably slower (although not problematically).

The layout is a lot better with the bar at the top.
I hate menus dropping down when you scroll over them. It gets unwieldy and awkward. The ESPN site is far worse as it has a tiny degree of difference between clicking a link and opening an unwanted menu. This is better but it is still annoying.

IMO, drop down menus should only open once clicked on.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Been playing around a bit more and I do like the little feature on the scorecards where you can get the commentary for each batsman's dismissal. Much more convenient.

Struggling to get domestic archive scorecards direct through the country page as well. For example, if I want to find the scores for Bangladesh's NCL from last season, I can't get it via the Bangladesh page.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Been playing around a bit more and I do like the little feature on the scorecards where you can get the commentary for each batsman's dismissal. Much more convenient.

Struggling to get domestic archive scorecards direct through the country page as well. For example, if I want to find the scores for Bangladesh's NCL from last season, I can't get it via the Bangladesh page.
They had that first one before. It is very cool, especially when you've been out all day.

And I've found the drop-down for flicking between live scorecards now, don't know how I missed it before.

GGG

State Captain
The more I view it the worse it becomes, reminds me of a colour scheme I used for one of my sites in 1999, I like the tabs for showing full score card etc but please for the love of god change the colour scheme and lose the mystery meat navigation, in other words never design a page with some links exactly the same as plain text!