• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Kerala team??

jeevan

International 12th Man
Dire. Except for old forts and Lalit Modi's ego, there is not much there in Rajasthan.
And Lalit Modi is not even from Rajasthan, I think. That was merely the cricket association that let him walk in to in 2004. He is out of there (RCA) as of a couple of months ago due to political winds having blown the other way.

Probably looking for another cricket association to take over. So if Kerala (or Goa or Tripura) want to get an IPL expansion team, they should offer Modi their asoociation.

ret

International Debutant
I remember reading somewhere that A'bad will get its team when the league is expanded in 2011 or so and Anil Ambani, who lost to his brother for the Mumbai franchise, is interested in owning it .... it would be exciting if A'bad gets its team and hope that these are not rumors. Would like to see the Pathan brothers playing together for it

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
Which means Sreesanth will be Icon Player and captain of that team. It will be hard to find another 10 players for that team. :laugh::laugh:
OMG who told these things......... we have a Ranji team .... we do have very good players (may be not icon players)...and I dont give a damn care about Sreesanth, he is in Punjab's team and let him continue there.....

biased indian

International Coach
why every one is after this idea that if its team from kerala all the members have to be from kerala ??

dont see that with any other team

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
OMG who told these things......... we have a Ranji team .... we do have very good players (may be not icon players)...and I dont give a damn care about Sreesanth, he is in Punjab's team and let him continue there.....
why every one is after this idea that if its team from kerala all the mebers have to be from kerala ??

dont see that with any other team
I am sorry if my post came that way. I meant that not too many people would like to play with Sreesanth if he were to picked as the Captain and Icon Player (as per the trend to pick local player as the captain and icon in IPL 1).

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
We do have stadiums here, University Stadium is there, which is perfect for cricket and there are some small stadiums like MCG (Medical College Ground), other unnamed grounds.

Now coming to players there are a bunch of good players like Sunil Oasis, Ananthapadmanabhan (unlucky fellow who didnt get a chance in Indian team, he was superb spinner)..... We have good number of local players too... including me 8-). it will be tough for the selectors... ( though i played only few matches with cricket ball, I could give it a try)...... I strongly want it to happen.... "Kerala United" our film stars like Mohanlal and mammootty put in some cash ( sorry for talking too much Kerala specific , they are Sharukh's equivalent in malayalam movies)......
I don't think the stadiums you have mentioned above in Trivandrum is fit enough for a high profile tournament like IPL which involves International players also :) . University Stadium is basically a footy ground although improvements can be made on it. If the ipl had to happen in Kerala, the only suitable venue could be in Cochin. Very difficult to imagine small industry players like mohanlal and mammooty would take such initiatives. Although would be really good if it happens.. 8-)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
With due respect to Kerala, it is hard to imagine forming a team when the best player ever from that city/state ever is Sreesanth.
what about tinu yohannan? two great fast bowlers is nothing to sneeze at...:@

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
what about tinu yohannan? two great fast bowlers is nothing to sneeze at...:@
Sreesanth's a far more useful player. I heard Tinu on radio commentary, he sounded so resigned, dropping him almost permanently seems such a good thing. The big one didn't seem to try too hard.

They also have Sreekumar Nair, as can try Kerala-born players in other Ranji teams. They can also try their luck with wanderers who have played for Kerala at some time, as well as multiple agent Venugopal Rao.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Arjun, I can't see the IPL taking how good a state's Ranji side is into deciding where the next IPL franchise is.

$$$ will be the key factor.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Arjun, I can't see the IPL taking how good a state's Ranji side is into deciding where the next IPL franchise is.

$$$ will be the key factor.
We don't know how they'll get the money; Kerala is not reputed as a very rich board. Maharashtra (Pune) has a very rich board, but the quality isn't there. Nor is there quality in Kerala. The IPL gets loads of money, enough to run a season of Ranji Trophy by itself, so it should be of no concern.

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
Finally got one!!.........hope it will be a good time for Kerala players............... I am already predicting one person "Raifi Vincent Gomes" will be in the team and may be Kings 11 Punjab might throw away SreeSanth to Kerala team.......