• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you pick in the Greatest Cricket XI of YOUR Lifetime?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For sure, I guess it depends what you like. Both intimated bowlers and took them apart piece by piece
First international cricket match I went to was at the MCG when Sobers scored 254

Second was at the MCG when he was bowled by an Inverarity full toss for nothing

He was a mate of my Dad but Viv .........

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
First international cricket match I went to was at the MCG when Sobers scored 254

Second was at the MCG when he was bowled by an Inverarity full toss for nothing

He was a mate of my Dad but Viv .........
The guy I work with was there the match Sobers made that 254. Must have been a sight that one.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
From early 90s,. so..

Graeme Smith
Mark Taylor
Ricky Ponting
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Steve Waugh
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne
Dale Steyn
Glen McGrath

Damo833

Cricket Spectator

Marcus Trescothick
Graeme Smith
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Damien Martyn
Jacques Kallis
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Curtly Ambrose
Allan Donald
Glenn McGrath

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Viv was a genius

Played in an era chock-full of express bowlers and took them to the cleaners without a helmet

I've actually never heard of anyone that rates Garry above Viv so there you go!

Splitting hairs really
Geoff Boycott is one for a start. Pretty positive he's categorically stated Sobers is the best batsman he's ever seen & I do refer to batting alone.

social

The guy I work with was there the match Sobers made that 254. Must have been a sight that one.
I cant actually remember any of the play as I was pretty young and more concerned with chucking a ball around with some other bored kids

I remember the match at the SCG because my Dad made me sit there and watch Sobers bat

One full toss later and I was off

social

Geoff Boycott is one for a start. Pretty positive he's categorically stated Sobers is the best batsman he's ever seen & I do refer to batting alone.
Sobers used to coach at an indoor cricket centre in Mt Waverley n Melbourne

One day the Victorian squad came in and he had a bat against them (including Ian Callen who opened the bowling for Oz)

Both his knees were ****ed, no thigh pad, had been retired for years and he slaughtered them

Privilege to get to see genius so close up