• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which international Cricketers have you met?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Right this is the list of 'international' players i've met through autograph hunting or just sheer luck.

Entire NZ ODI team in 2001, Hobart.
Sachin Tendulkar, Ajit Agarkar, Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh, Virender Sehwag & Rahul Dravid.
Mark Waugh
Sir Richard Hadlee
Ian Smith
Hansie Cronje, Allan Donald & Jonty Rhodes
Courtney Walsh

I may have met some more, but those are the ones that stand out for me.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
Right this is the list of 'international' players i've met through autograph hunting or just sheer luck.

Entire NZ ODI team in 2001, Hobart.
Sachin Tendulkar, Ajit Agarkar, Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh, Virender Sehwag & Rahul Dravid.
Mark Waugh
Sir Richard Hadlee
Ian Smith
Hansie Cronje, Allan Donald & Jonty Rhodes
Courtney Walsh

I may have met some more, but those are the ones that stand out for me.
But Hansie only wanted the weather forecast

Sorry, low blow. Quite unbecoming from me, really.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
Considering I was 10 years old at the time...yes that was....
Sunny day? Nice fast outfield? Pitch likely to turn a bit?

I didn't know they allowed betting at primary school games.

Oh, sorry. You met HIM!!!:D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
From memory I told him that he was batting well...damnit maybe I should have asked for money for telling him that!

iamdavid

International Debutant
furious_ged said:
Please tell me you hurt him and/or got him out.:D
Nup:( , he was being nice though so he didnt try cart me , Ronnie wasnt though , he was showing off beause Mark Waugh was having a chat with him through the netting so he kept trying to hit me into the near by McDonalds.

Top bloke
And an under rated gloveman , even as a fan of his I'd have to admit his batting isnt up to much . but he's IMO every bit as good a keeper as Stewart was (nothing to really be proud of there:lol: )

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
iamdavid said:
Nup:( , he was being nice though so he didnt try cart me , Ronnie wasnt though , he was showing off beause Mark Waugh was having a chat with him through the netting so he kept trying to hit me into the near by McDonalds.
...where Flintoff was probably having breakfast/lunch/dinner (delete as appropriate)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
iamdavid said:
And an under rated gloveman , even as a fan of his I'd have to admit his batting isnt up to much . but he's IMO every bit as good a keeper as Stewart was (nothing to really be proud of there:lol: )
Quite a bit better than Gilchrist, then

dsk

Cricket Spectator
I've met Inzi and Imran Khan

My brother went to this party held for the Pakistan team in Dubai. He got to meet the whole team but he spoke to SHoaib, Razzaq (who apparantly was the best guy from the lot), and a few others who i cant remember at the moment

amits

Banned
luckyeddie said:
If Inzy was there too, did your brother starve?
:lol:

there was already enough food in the party. also, stop calling inzy fat now. he has really tried to go slim now. in the wc, his runs became slim as well, but since his 100 against bangla in the test match, he has started improving and now he scores his runs well.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Gibbs, G.Smith, Kirsten, Mckenzie, S.Tendulkar, V.Kambli,Both Waugh's, J.Rhodes, S.Amwar, S.Afridi, N.Hussain, Most of Kent squad, most of Surrey squad :yawn:

thats about it...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
amits said:

also, stop calling inzy fat now.
sorry. Once a DD cliche, always a DD cliche.

You'll have me believe that Shane's one of the good guys, Sourav's not regal, Murali's not an evil hypnotist and Rikki Clarke's good next

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
I know he's not an International yet but Chris Rogers has been playing over here and I've seen him around Shrewsbury. He writes an artical for the Shropshire Star (Shropshire's No.1 paper). He seems like a really nice guy to boot, not arrogent at all, loves the game and has very mature views.
Bucky's a really nice guy, I'll second that. We heard he'd got a job writing but it was "the local rag"; no-one mentioned it was the county's #1 paper!