• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which international Cricketers have you met?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Come on Tamara..you must get a kick out of signing autographs.
You know you've made it when ppl start queing for your autograph.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Was cool for a start. Now it is boring.

I don't know who the hell would want my autograph. Must be just so they can say the have the whole canterbury team. Hopefully oneday lots of people will want it. but still a long way off
:D

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I wish it was that simple.

A couple of points. You aren't female. And you don't play cricket in Canterbury

Legglancer

State Regular
Tamara I hope you dont get offended by my curiosity as I have some genuine questions about womens cricket as I have not had the oppertunity to watch a womens cricket gamen. So please pardon my ignorance and I hope you could give me some insight on Ladies cricket.

1) As you know batsman wear "ballguards" to protect their "family jewels" while batting... do women batpersons have appropriate gear that is unique to woman? if so can you please educate me?

2) How would you compare the spirit and gamesmanship of women's cricket as opposed to mens? Do you find that players are more tolerant of each other than the men?

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Legglancer said:
Tamara I hope you dont get offended by my curiosity as I have some genuine questions about womens cricket as I have not had the oppertunity to watch a womens cricket gamen. So please pardon my ignorance and I hope you could give me some insight on Ladies cricket.

1) As you know batsman wear "ballguards" to protect their "family jewels" while batting... do women batpersons have appropriate gear that is unique to woman? if so can you please educate me?

2) How would you compare the spirit and gamesmanship of women's cricket as opposed to mens? Do you find that players are more tolerant of each other than the men?
Question 1: Not that I know of. There probably is but I have never seen any.

Question 2: No they do not tolerant each other better. I played with guys for a while, only at an under 15 age group but I have to admit that some of the stuff that the females say is bad. I think there is more sledging in the womens game and some of it gets personal.

I think it does depend on where you are playing though. WOmens cricket in NZ is not very big so If you are near the top teams you know everyone else through the country. Because of this off the field there is a good spirt but not always on the field. However I have been in contact with some Australian players and apparently the slegding there is really bad.

But then again I have never played senior mens cricket so I don't know much about that.

V Reddy

International Debutant
I have met and took autographs of SAF team of Titan Cup 1996

Gary Kirsten
Jonty Rhodes - Was very polite and cute
Hansie Cronje
Allan Donald - Was Very polite too . Thought he was going to bash me as he was practising bowling and then had 4 cokes in his hand but he gave it other person and gave me the autograph . I was the only person asking autographs at that time.

Paddy Upta - SAF trainer

Pat Symcox - Told me to come after the practise session

Lance Klusener - Probably the best moment of my life. He himself called me seeing taking autographs and gave his and gave me high-fives and asked me my name and what i was studying. I was 10 yrs old and had a height of around 4 feet 2 inches and so he probably found me cute 8D .

Mark Ramprakash - Probably the second best moment of my life. He was standing at the boundary in a Tour match in 2001. Asked me the same things which Klusener did. Talked to him for about 5 mins but can't remember what i talked with him though. Too bad i only saw the match 10 min before the end of play.

Rahul Dravid - In some Ranji Match

Abey Kuruvilla - " " " "

Then some Woman Cricketers during England's tour of India 2001

English Cricketers - Laura Newton , Sarah Clarke , Thompson,Connor , Pearson and two others . They were very very very polite comared to the Indians.

Indian Cricketers - Can't beleive the way they behaved:!( and then they say that Women's Cricket is not popular :yawn: :alien8: . I got even more angry after the English players were very polite. BTW, they were 2-3 players and i don't know their names and so it would be wrong to criticize the whole team.

But it's very hard to meet players in India b'coz of the security.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
The indian womens players I met earlier this year were very nice.

I was trying to get Laura Newton to post on this site and do an interview for it and she said she will come on sometime. So u may be able to talk to here on here soon.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
In domestic womens cricket they have to select a 13 player squad at the start of each season and I was in that this year, however I have not played debut.(only got on as 12th)

Looking good for next year though as both our openers have left, and we will be short on batters.

I played in the national under 21 age group tournament as well.

V Reddy

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
I think that sums Ramprakash up - he can never quite get it 100% right!
It's just that Klusener called me and gave me autograph .I didn't know klusener at that time. It's only after looking at the names of the SAF players that i found out his name was Lance. And in the next match he scored 80 odd not out and settled his place in the side. Also Ramps scored 100 in that match and also Bangar took 5 wickets which got him into the team.

amits

Banned
ferozeshah kotla sucks

i live in new delhi and there isnt even a popular cricketing ground here for international cricket.

i have gone into an international match only once out here, so the limited opportunities of meeting international cricketers. that time in that ind-pak match i went in 1999, i sat in a bit behind seat and could only whistle at the players at most. no chance for even seeing a cricketer properly.

i have met international cricketers in only ranji matches, whenever i go to. like this i have met - ashish nehra (talked to) had to wait for 15-20 mins for it, munaf patel (talked to) - he was friendly and also sehwag, gambhir (only autographs).

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Ive talked to Justin Langer on the phone.
hahahahahahahaha...:D He was awesome though.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I got to bowl to Simon Katich & Ronnie Irani before the PM's XI last year.

Also had a chat to Ashwell Prince when Australia A played South Africa A at Manuka earlier this year.

I got to bowl to Mark Wagh (although he isnt an international...yet) when I was in England in 2001.

Adam Gilchrist & Mark Waugh were holding clinics for juniors out here in 2000 so I met them then.

Also had a chat with Lou Vincent at the PM's XI in 2001.

My mother & Karl Krikken (Derbyshire keeper) are friends , although he's not an international by any standard.

Last edited: