• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which international Cricketers have you met?

Legglancer

State Regular
Once while I was on Vacation to my astonishment I found out that the Adjoining room to mine was occupied by Murali and Vass .... They were having a blast with plenty of spirits flowing.Murali has quite a reputation .... and I dont mean "offspin" :D

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
In my part of the world I don't get many chances to meet such galmorous stars, but I almost became an international cricketer, I still have a chance.

Right now most of my close cricket friends are in Pakistan for the Youth Asia Cup and are international cricketers, so I beat all of you guys because I meet those guys nearly everyday!

I have also friends in the Omani national team, life Mustafa Hagi, Khaled Moosa....etc

PY

International Coach
Mr. Ponting said:
why would he be moody?
Because he had just got out one run short of posting a double-century in a 50-over game. I'd be ****ed off.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jacques Rudolph said:
Grrr cant believe my parents went to Barbados on tour with the Somerset team that had Botham, Richards, Garner etc... Must have been awesome :!(
How many years ago was it?

How old are you?

Have you ever considered thqat Viv Richards might be your father? ;)

Craig

World Traveller
I got autographs off Dion Nash and Scott Muller (remember he once played for Australia), but havent as such met them.

I've met Sam Loxton. Ask me who he is and I will tell you.

Craig

World Traveller
Sam Loxton played with Don Bradman and went on the 1948 tour of England and played in the Test match at Leeds where Australia scored 404 runs on the last day.

He played for Victoria and was an Australian selector.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here's the list of the priveleged few who have met me :):-

Mike Brearley - great guy, he signed my copy of 'The Art of Captaincy'.

Phil Simmons - he signed an autograph for me when I got into an accident at a T&T v Guyana game and had to get medical attention from the T&T physio. He was the T&T coach.

Brian Lara

Shiv Chanderpaul - he refused to give me an autograph at a Busta Cup game. He didn't give anyone else autographs either, so it wasn't personal...I hope.

Reon King

Franklyn Rose

Courtney Walsh

Nehemiah Perry

Ricardo Powell

Michael Holding

Stuart MacGill

My sister also met Gordon Greenidge in Barbados last year, but she lost the autograph on the plane trip.:P

PY

International Coach
Chris Read as of today :D. Got his autograph too.............I feel like Christmas has come round again 8D

Legglancer

State Regular
I asked Nicholos De Groot if many people askes him for autographs ?..... He says he has signed quite a few .... especially after having bowled Lara. He would be happy to sign more autographs if people asked him and he wouldnt consider it a bother like Chanderpaul :P

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I get it a bit when I am with the Canterbury team, It is ok signing them once but the people come and ask you several times and some kids don't know when to stop. You are trying to watch the game and concertrate on your role so it does get frustrating after a while. it is a pleasure to sign for the polite people

Craig

World Traveller
Tamara said:
I get it a bit when I am with the Canterbury team, It is ok signing them once but the people come and ask you several times and some kids don't know when to stop. You are trying to watch the game and concertrate on your role so it does get frustrating after a while. it is a pleasure to sign for the polite people
Are you the star cricketer on this forum?