• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

He's back - Ranatunga wins his FR case against the minister

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Strangely enough, despite his reputation I've always had a fierce respect for Ganguly - I loved the way he captained India and I thought his efforts to get under the skins of Australia was very much a case of playing us - and sometimes beating us - at our own game.

Ranatunga, on the other hand, just seemed to be one step away from an outright cheat in my eyes. Maybe I'm not being as objective as I should be about the two men - and I've got no problem admitting that I detest Ranatunga - but while they might be seen to have a similar reputation in Australia I'd never really thought of them along the same lines.

Last edited:

Smith

Banned
Strangely enough, despite his reputation I've always had a fierce respect for Ganguly - I loved the way he captained India and I thought his efforts to get under the skins of Australia was very much a case of playing us - and sometimes beating us - at our own game.

Ranatunga, on the other hand, just seemed to be one step away from an outright cheat in my eyes. Maybe I'm not being as objective as I should be about the two men - and I've got no problem admitting that I detest Ranatunga - but while they might be seen to have a similar reputation in Australia I'd never really thought of them along the same lines.
It's one thing to label a player, an intimidating player at that as a prick. But it is totally another thing to call him a cheat. Especially when such statements are made out of the smelly confines of the human rectum without a shred of evidence to support them. He was canny, arrogant and sometimes even irritating. But cheat? Mate, watch where you are heading.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It's one thing to label a player, an intimidating player at that as a prick. But it is totally another thing to call him a cheat. Especially when such statements are made out of the smelly confines of the human rectum without a shred of evidence to support them. He was canny, arrogant and sometimes even irritating. But cheat? Mate, watch where you are heading.
I was going to reply rather aggressively to this but having thought about it I don't think that will help anyone. So what I'll do is ask that you read my post again, more carefully. Particularly the phrases "one step away from" "in my eyes" and "Maybe I'm not being as objective as I should be" - rather than just seeing the words "Ranatunga" and "cheat" and then going off on one.

I've got absolutely no issue at all if you disagree with anything I say, but at least disagree with what I'm actually saying rather than what you think I am.

Smith

Banned
I was going to reply rather aggressively to this but having thought about it I don't think that will help anyone. So what I'll do is ask that you read my post again, more carefully. Particularly the phrases "one step away from" "in my eyes" and "Maybe I'm not being as objective as I should be" - rather than just seeing the words "Ranatunga" and "cheat" and then going off on one.

I've got absolutely no issue at all if you disagree with anything I say, but at least disagree with what I'm actually saying rather than what you think I am.
Your use of riders may be clever, but it does not take away anything from the fact that you are in finality calling him A CHEAT without any particular reason for it.

And yes, I called the "out of the backside" in regards to the statement and not you as a person, mate. :-)